@Ernest must be watching the cricket
      Exactly what I was thinking!
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by shingle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A total over reaction i'm afraid. I maybe would have thought it, but not said it.
      This. Quite an overreaction, like someone above said, there's probably more germs on the trolley.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Not washing hands isn’t as bad as allowing your kids to stand in the trolley that others will use to place their food items in.

That REALLY does grind my gears and is something that I would say to a stranger when I see it happening.
      I think staff at supermarkets should be responsible for educating parents/guardians about this.
      Living in bandit territory!
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I wouldn't touch ANYTHING in the West Upper of The Amex then. The wash rate in the gents kermit is about one in five.
      I've only used the toilets at the amex long after the crowds have cleared and they are largely empty so this has never stopped me washing my hands, but there are four(?) cubicles, space for what, 10? 20? at the troughs. Two sinks. Not exactly designed for everyone to wash their hands, is it.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
      Not washing hands isn’t as bad as allowing your kids to stand in the trolley that others will use to place their food items in.

That REALLY does grind my gears and is something that I would say to a stranger when I see it happening.
      I think staff at supermarkets should be responsible for educating parents/guardians about this.
      But you're happy to put your food in a supermarket trolley that has been left outside where birds, cats or foxes could've shat/pissed on it.
      Generally speaking unless you plan to cook your dinner and serve it up on your trolley and eat it off there you should be ok.
      Lets all do the conga
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Also, how many gents toilets where there are hand basins and air dryers/ towels, so having done your business, you diligently wash your hands only then do you realise you have to grab a handle to open the door. A handle that has, no doubt been used by someone who hasn't washed his hands. Never quite understood the logic there, supermarkets especially have toilets like that.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
      Whilst I agree, the management team at the supermarket where I work would be very disappointed with me if a customer coiled a big fat one down in the chilled section and at the very least I didn’t offer to wipe there arse clean for them.....
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      There is far worse in supermarkets let's be honest.

I've reported MANY for putting raw meat (in plastic bags) on the same shelf as cooked things to sell them off cheap.

Even Waitrose.

I one got Asda to clean a shelf that was covered in blood that has seeped from some lamb.

Sandwiches, scotch eggs and all sort of other items which blood on their packaging.

That's far more likely to damage you than a member of staff touching their todger.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Parsons View Post
      Also, how many gents toilets where there are hand basins and air dryers/ towels, so having done your business, you diligently wash your hands only then do you realise you have to grab a handle to open the door. A handle that has, no doubt been used by someone who hasn't washed his hands. Never quite understood the logic there, supermarkets especially have toilets like that.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
      Very common now for there to be a small bin by the door - people use a paper towel to ‘protect themselves’ when they open the door and then chuck the paper towel in the bin. Our office has them.

It’s a bit unpleasant but what the OP saw isn’t exactly unusual. We’re all exposed to far worse several times a day......and we’re pretty well adapted to cope with it with decent immune systems IMO.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"