Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Personal hygiene

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not washing hands isn’t as bad as allowing your kids to stand in the trolley that others will use to place their food items in.

That REALLY does grind my gears and is something that I would say to a stranger when I see it happening.
I think staff at supermarkets should be responsible for educating parents/guardians about this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't touch ANYTHING in the West Upper of The Amex then. The wash rate in the gents kermit is about one in five.

I've only used the toilets at the amex long after the crowds have cleared and they are largely empty so this has never stopped me washing my hands, but there are four(?) cubicles, space for what, 10? 20? at the troughs. Two sinks. Not exactly designed for everyone to wash their hands, is it.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not washing hands isn’t as bad as allowing your kids to stand in the trolley that others will use to place their food items in.

That REALLY does grind my gears and is something that I would say to a stranger when I see it happening.
I think staff at supermarkets should be responsible for educating parents/guardians about this.

But you're happy to put your food in a supermarket trolley that has been left outside where birds, cats or foxes could've shat/pissed on it.
Generally speaking unless you plan to cook your dinner and serve it up on your trolley and eat it off there you should be ok.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Also, how many gents toilets where there are hand basins and air dryers/ towels, so having done your business, you diligently wash your hands only then do you realise you have to grab a handle to open the door. A handle that has, no doubt been used by someone who hasn't washed his hands. Never quite understood the logic there, supermarkets especially have toilets like that.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

[emoji23] Whilst I agree, the management team at the supermarket where I work would be very disappointed with me if a customer coiled a big fat one down in the chilled section and at the very least I didn’t offer to wipe there arse clean for them.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is far worse in supermarkets let's be honest.

I've reported MANY for putting raw meat (in plastic bags) on the same shelf as cooked things to sell them off cheap.

Even Waitrose.

I one got Asda to clean a shelf that was covered in blood that has seeped from some lamb.

Sandwiches, scotch eggs and all sort of other items which blood on their packaging.

That's far more likely to damage you than a member of staff touching their todger.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also, how many gents toilets where there are hand basins and air dryers/ towels, so having done your business, you diligently wash your hands only then do you realise you have to grab a handle to open the door. A handle that has, no doubt been used by someone who hasn't washed his hands. Never quite understood the logic there, supermarkets especially have toilets like that.

Very common now for there to be a small bin by the door - people use a paper towel to ‘protect themselves’ when they open the door and then chuck the paper towel in the bin. Our office has them.

It’s a bit unpleasant but what the OP saw isn’t exactly unusual. We’re all exposed to far worse several times a day......and we’re pretty well adapted to cope with it with decent immune systems IMO.

boik

To put it in context with food, a Panorama programme on the Beeb some years ago on toilet hygiene, a bowl of peanuts on a bar in London had 16, that's 16 different urine samples on the peanuts. Meaning 16 different men went for a pee, not wash their hands and then grab a handful of peanuts as they passed the free nibbles. Similar results from the cheese and nibbles. I haven't eaten nibbles of a bar anywhere since.

And yet hundreds of people have presumably eaten the nibbles without dying. The human body is pretty good at dealing with germs. In fact there is a problem with kids not getting exposed to enough germs and so not building up any resilience.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
worth noting urine is sterile anyway

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And yet hundreds of people have presumably eaten the nibbles without dying. The human body is pretty good at dealing with germs. In fact there is a problem with kids not getting exposed to enough germs and so not building up any resilience.

Absolutely. Our office is a laughable sight most mornings - we all hot desk, so the more paranoid members of staff now spend ages with their antiseptic wipes and sprays every morning cleaning every conceivable surface before starting work if they’re at a desk someone else used the day before.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To put it in context with food, a Panorama programme on the Beeb some years ago on toilet hygiene, a bowl of peanuts on a bar in London had 16, that's 16 different urine samples on the peanuts. Meaning 16 different men went for a pee, not wash their hands and then grab a handful of peanuts as they passed the free nibbles. Similar results from the cheese and nibbles. I haven't eaten nibbles of a bar anywhere since.

How can they differentiate between 16 gentlemen’s urine.
Panorama haha

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve used the same knifes that I’ve butchered decomposing roadkill as I’ve used for our bacon sarnies on Saturday...... it doesn’t hurt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The taps probably have more germs than the tackle in question. :shrug:

This. I know my knob is cleaner than any tap, towel or paper dispenser in a public toilet.

I get rather tired of people who expect me to wash my hands after a wee. I don't piss on my hands. What is the actual matter with people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here