Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Why isn’t there a straight Pride?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What does that even mean? You’re just plain odd.

Oh,if it wasn't you that whined to soyboy,I must apologise.Must have been the other complete nob.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How do you feel about other areas of the curriculum that the parents weren’t consulted on? Maths? Geography? Physics etc?

As Islam provided a great deal of our knowledge in all three areas,plus medicine and general scientific advances when we were still using leeches as a wonder cure,I would imagine they would be perfectly fine.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You all love this comedian lad and I admit he comes out with some bangers so let me show you why I don't believe the UK has freedom of speech anymore through him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2bVS40cz0

Load of nonsense. You have the freedom to say all the racist/ homophobic / sexist et al shit you like. Just like any decent human being has the same right you call you out if you do. Freedom of speech isn’t a freedom from criticism.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Load of nonsense. You have the freedom to say all the racist/ homophobic / sexist et al shit you like. Just like any decent human being has the same right you call you out if you do. Freedom of speech isn’t a freedom from criticism.

100% agree with you and I seem to see this an awful lot lately, the idea that freedom of speech isn't a freedom from criticism. Is going to prison an acceptable form of criticism then? Don't get me wrong, those neo nazis who walk the streets shouting at anyone not white should be shunned entirely, those mentalists that are essentially 'dey tok our jerbs' from South Park about any immigration need to either be educated or ignored, but jesus ****ing christ it's now not uncommon for these people to be arrested/fined/given prison time for a tasteless TWEET.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
100% agree with you and I seem to see this an awful lot lately, the idea that freedom of speech isn't a freedom from criticism. Is going to prison an acceptable form of criticism then? Don't get me wrong, those neo nazis who walk the streets shouting at anyone not white should be shunned entirely, those mentalists that are essentially 'dey tok our jerbs' from South Park about any immigration need to either be educated or ignored, but jesus ****ing christ it's now not uncommon for these people to be arrested/fined/given prison time for a tasteless TWEET.

But we know that some ‘tasteless tweets’ inspire some people to commit atrocities in their name. For instance Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered because someone was inspired by a few ‘tasteless tweets’ from Tommy Robinson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, you're against division yet continue to undermine the will of the majority and fight for its invalidation.

I'm thinking 'Hypocrite'.

Yawn yawn. We’ve had this discussion numerous times on this site. Think up a new argument or angle.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, you're against division yet continue to undermine the will of the majority and fight for its invalidation.

I'm thinking 'Hypocrite'.

That vote was over three years ago now. You have no idea if it’s still the will of the people or not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Been to pride a fair few times, parades are good fun and celebrate all things different, after that it’s mostly just a load of 16-21 year olds looking for an excuse to get pissed up and take drugs with no actual value for what the event represents.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Been to pride a fair few times, parades are good fun and celebrate all things different, after that it’s mostly just a load of 16-21 year olds looking for an excuse to get pissed up and take drugs with no actual value for what the event represents.

Exactly what young people should be doing. Better than the wave of woke teenagers holding hands, drinking coffee and discussing feelings and their studies. Get yourself pissed.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
amazed that this question still gets asked

even more amazed that it got to 14 pages

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been to pride a fair few times, parades are good fun and celebrate all things different, after that it’s mostly just a load of 16-21 year olds looking for an excuse to ....take drugs with no actual value for what the event represents.

Alternatively, they can join the Conservative party?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here