Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Why isn’t there a straight Pride?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? Why can't they have a parade if they want to? If they have a genuine reason and it's genuinely not a dig at gay pride, then what's the issue? :shrug:

And I'm sure someone can come up with a legitimate reason for a white pride, too.

Can't be bothered to read this whole thread as it will sadden me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why isn’t there a straight Pride?

That feels like a question these 'lads' would ask before assaulting this couple.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48563393

Still at least we can rely on our education system to promote LGBT inclusion...

...oh.

That is such a depressing story and reminds us why we still need Pride.

As we all know Pride is inclusive of all sexuality and is not “gay pride” so these “straight pride” people have
A) set up to counter something that doesn’t actually exist.
B) excluded themselves from something they were very welcome to join and exhibit their pride in being straight.

Odd. Still, we live in a free country and I’m first in line to say “march if you want to” but the idea this is going to be some celebratory, hedonistic festival of sexuality and not some pathetic little shuffle along a short designated route on a drizzly Sunday afternoon that will culminate in a lager soaked lash up in The King & Queen before a whimper of a delayed train ride back to a cul de sac of new builds on the outskirts of Stevenage, makes me chuckle.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Min 5 years custodial but it will be more than likely be suspended 2 years, fine and community service, hope the girls take a civil claim against them ducking horrible little *****!

I’ve witnessed assaults worse than this, one of which was investigated initially as attempted murder, which was then dropped down to GBH with intent. The perpetrators got 4years. So no chance of any prison time in this case I would imagine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why? Why can't they have a parade if they want to? If they have a genuine reason and it's genuinely not a dig at gay pride, then what's the issue? :shrug:

Because sometimes you just have to stop people being knobheads?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You know what, I'm getting a bit sick of this place. I'm not sure why the atmosphere has become rather toxic on here (is the Brexit thread to blame), but it appears whenever someone posts something that might warrant debate, they just get jumped all over, by the same suspects it seems.

It's no wonder the forum is becoming sterile and boring, as people are scared of saying anything for fear of ridicule.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This is why..........

62025630_2224280120986402_6577350017021902848_n.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Because sometimes you just have to stop people being knobheads?

Okay... upon further reading, yes - it's clearly a dig at gay pride. On that point, I was wrong, and apologise to all who were offended. That was not my point, nor my intention.

What I do stand by, though, is the fact that idiots need to be seen to be idiots. It will only serve to galvanise the organisers and participants of gay pride and support their cause in the eyes of the wider world - which is a good thing. It's not being called 'Anti-Gay Pride' or 'March against the Homos', and if it was I'd be the first to ask for them to be lobbed down a mine shaft and have it sealed, forever.

Let them have their parade.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Once Brexit is finally done and the likes of Farage and his ilk get control, right wing popularism will finally be unchained and we can build a Trump inspired state with these sort of events and campaigns:

1. Straight Pride.
2. White Lives Matter.
3. ‘Not me’ movement for protecting powerful white men from sexual assault accusations and negative media if Women have not made a complaint 48hrs after the alleged assault.

paradise.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You know what, I'm getting a bit sick of this place. I'm not sure why the atmosphere has become rather toxic on here (is the Brexit thread to blame), but it appears whenever someone posts something that might warrant debate, they just get jumped all over, by the same suspects it seems.

It's no wonder the forum is becoming sterile and boring, as people are scared of saying anything for fear of ridicule.

Yeah I mean look at your Virgin Atlantic post, you’d of thought more people would have been offended right?

D

Deleted member 22389

You are spot on.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yeah I mean look at your Virgin Atlantic post, you’d of thought more people would have been offended right?

If you read my OP on the Virgin post I asked for people's opinions, instead I got a diatribe of abuse, excepting a couple of posters! I haven't got a problem being told i'm wrong, just the way it's done! - arrive chorus of snowflake :)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Well, I for one think that the Boston marchers have a point. Whilst not begrudging the gay peoples right to their lifestyles it gets a tad tedious to have it thrust in your face all the time , and be unable to say so without being labelled " homophobic"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You are spot on.

Nobody is forced to log on to NSC, you know? Other forums and websites are available that you may find less sterile or boring.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I for one think that the Boston marchers have a point. Whilst not begrudging the gay peoples right to their lifestyles it gets a tad tedious to have it thrust in your face all the time , and be unable to say so without being labelled " homophobic"

If you are struggling to get through your day without having gay people thrust their lifestyle in you face, then perhaps you’re hanging out in the wrong places.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nobody is forced to log on to NSC, you know? Other forums and websites are available that you may find less sterile or boring.

Agree and you prove my point with the attitude, "if you don't like it you can fnck off"... Don't like online bullying, which is very apt this week, sure I won't be missed but maybe I'll take a sojourn until the football starts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I just don't go to Pride, or Gay bars, works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here