Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] VEGAN / Vegetarian sports peson

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In terms of footballers, I know Russel Martin is as is Chris Smalling and Declan Rudd. I also know that Forest Green Rovers have quite strict rules about a players’ diet on match days (no meat). Lewis Hamilton is vegan too. I also know the strongest American weightlifter at the last Olympic Games was vegan. There’s been loads of articles about Vegan NFL players cropping up in the news too.

Er, Bruno, Vegan.

Also, Glenn Murray has taken a leaf out of Bruno’s book and followed suit I believe.

I’m sure I read Hamilton (and I also think Murray) are only plant based during their respective seasons.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Jason Gillespie at Sussex, he talks a lot about it and it’s benefits for Sports people. He comes up and does some commentary every game and even the commentators said they have cut down their meat consumption on the back of it.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
Rich Roll ultramarathon runner is vegan. In May 2010, Rich and his ultra-colleague Jason Lester accomplished an unprecedented feat of staggering endurance many said was not possible. Something they call the*EPIC5 CHALLENGE- a odyssey that entailed completing 5 ironman-distance triathlons on 5 islands of Hawaii in under a week.*

There are also several vegan boxers and bodybuilders. I am not myself vegan.

Sent from my RNE-L21 using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Rich Roll ultramarathon runner is vegan. In May 2010, Rich and his ultra-colleague Jason Lester accomplished an unprecedented feat of staggering endurance many said was not possible. Something they call the*EPIC5 CHALLENGE- a odyssey that entailed completing 5 ironman-distance triathlons on 5 islands of Hawaii in under a week.*

There are also several vegan boxers and bodybuilders. I am not myself vegan.

Sent from my RNE-L21 using Tapatalk

David Haye I believe.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Don't get me wrong, my daughter is vegetarian and 90 per cent of my diet is too ( i know vegan and vegetarian are not 'quite' the same ) . Can anyone name a top Sports player who is either vegetarian or vegan????

Daniel Negreanu poker player!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Iron Deficiency Maiden?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's a fair few vegan pro cyclists, one has just completed the Girl but I'll be jiggered if I can remember his name, despite The Cycling Podcast doing a feature on him

Can't remember his name? I'm mot surprised, they don't like to talk about it. :)

image.jpeg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
barneyduplessis-770x1089.jpg

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Lewis Hamilton reckons on Instagram that we should tuck into the lettuce to save the planet. You'd think his irony detector would overload given that he flies around the world to drive petrol based cars really quick but apparently not.

It's like Mo Salah giving us a lecture on the dangers of falling over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here