Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Dr John RIP

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry to read of his death from a heart attack. Saw him at The Dome in the 70s in full on gris gris mode for a wonderful, unforgettable carnival of colour and music. RIP sir.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw him a few times over the years. Last time was a couple of years ago and he was looking quite frail. Needed a couple of sticks to walk onto the stage.
Still put on a great show though. A true original. RIP.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Gris Gris is a bit of a masterpiece imo. Walk on guilded splinters being the highlight. RIP.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Sorry to read of his death from a heart attack. Saw him at The Dome in the 70s in full on gris gris mode for a wonderful, unforgettable carnival of colour and music. RIP sir.
I was there! It was a Saturday evening and I was out on the town with some friends. Somehow we stumbled into The Dome without paying. I was on another planet! Seeing him live in full regalia under such circumstances was an experience that I’ll never forget, although I’m surprised that I can even remember being there.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
First discovered him with “Such a Night” on “The Last Waltz” loves his music since. RIP great man

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Saw him at the Barbican a good few years ago and he was superb
A true original who will be sorely missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here