Jul 20, 2003
should have had 1 or 2 penalties

...doesn't really matter I guess

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The draw was made at 8:15am this morning by a work colleague in the Charmouth Suite.

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] - USA

USA totally dominant against Thailand. 3-0 up at half time

Well this is 8-0 now.

It’s 12

:rolleyes:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Does absolutely nothing but damage for this tournament. You rarely even get scores like this on a Sunday morning now.

It was always going to be a USA win as they are so far ahead of Thailand in the rankings but what as a bit embarrassing to watch and a shame that USA celebrated each goal so much. Apparently they were respecting their opponents by not letting up...

I see that Germany put 8 past Estonia this evening in mens Euro 2020 qualifier as well so was obviously a night for large wins!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does absolutely nothing but damage for this tournament. You rarely even get scores like this on a Sunday morning now.

Oh, I don't know ... A few years back, we lost 17-0 one week and won 13-0 the next (although TBF the 17-0 defeat was a friendly we played against a team several divisions higher than us when both our league opponents failed to turn up).

That was some turnaround

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
FIFA 19 Difficulty Levels

Ultimate
Legendary
World Class
Professional
Semi-Pro
Amateur
Beginner
Thailand

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone else think it is a little unusual that African American players seem a little underrepresented in the US team?

Hadn’t given any thought up until you mentioned it, now I’m OUTRAGED.

Edit, now you got me really thinking [emoji848]

Anyone else think it is a little unusual that The Indigenous North American players seem a little underrepresented in the US team?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think it's a little unusual that a competition we are supposed to take seriously includes a 13-0 win. No wonder the USA coach was in tears. Must have realised it's a Mickey Mouse cup after all.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I think it's a little unusual that a competition we are supposed to take seriously includes a 13-0 win. No wonder the USA coach was in tears. Must have realised it's a Mickey Mouse cup after all.

I think that score is a more of a reflection of one teams being a fully funded professional outfit, whereas the other was a part time team of semi professionals. I don't know the details, but i would suspect that the need for the qualifying structure to be representative of all nations is at fault here. I would have thought that the tournament might be better served if teams qualifying from areas such as south east asia played off against the more minor nations from the games strongholds for a place in the finals themselves.

kjgood

Low quality minority sport that gets way more coverage than it should. I've yet to meet one person who is interested in it and yet the BBC are wetting themselves with excitement over it. I sincerely hope the England team absolutely bomb and are out after 2 games. If they do progress we won't hear the last of 'the rise of women's football' / 'the prima donna males coud learn a lot from them' etc.

Well now you have met someone, quite enjoyed the England Scotland game the other evening. Good luck to the ladies, I for one hope they win the world cup for England.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't bother replying to his post as I assumed it was yet another of the dreaded "parody" accounts.

Another poster who I have on ignore. :shrug:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8-0 in the 2002 men's World Cup and it could have been far more. I remember them saying afterwards on 6-0-6 "Are the days of no easy international matches over?" ???

On my betting coupon, USA are second favourites to lift the trophy @ 7/2 while Thailand are the rags @ 500/1. This was always going to be a tonking. Still shocked it was by that margin though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here