Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
As I said on previous thread, he played in both matches against Swansea last season, scoring twice at Loftus Road, maybe he caught Potter’s eye.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This settles a heated debate I had with someone a few weeks ago on here. He played a massive part in our promotion, he works hard, is passionate and has a great connection with the fans. Too good a player to let go without Potter having a good look, and if he doesn't make the first team, he is a very easy player to loan out so at the very least he will pay for himself. To keep him on whatever his future holds makes good common sense so no surprise on my part.

Even thought I was right ha !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think extending Hemed's contract will be the sum of our transfer activity. It would be mad to let a good championship player leave for nothing.
A good championship player who couldn't get into the QPR team who struggled, every week and they were not interested in keeping. If we wanted to sell him more effort should have been made in January to move him on rather than a loan.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Oh ffs. Is this the Hyppia/Garcia/Burke era the Premier League Version?

He’s 31, distinctly average in the Prem but clearly we’re going on the cheap again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The fact that Albion haven't announced a contract extension for Hemed (as they did with the likes of Bong in May and Murray in November) tells us, I think, everything we need to know about this. You would think that the club (and the player) would both be happy to publicly proclaim this contract extension if it was envisaged that he would be playing a full part in the first team next season. Very difficult to see both Murray AND Hemed in the 25-man squad come August.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if either Albion had an option which they have exercised, or it was in both parties immediate interest to extend the contract with a view to a sale prior to the season start.

This has the distinct feel of a Vicente situation to me (where, if I remember correctly, Albion took up the option of a second season at the last minute, and perhaps not entirely with the player's full blessing).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

He’s 31, distinctly average in the Prem but clearly we’re going on the cheap again.

This. Gotta stop doing that 'on the cheap' shit, else we'll become more and more adrift of the financial realities of the PL. Up to TB to step up to the new reality of the PL or sell on to someone who will. Much like DK was forced to move aside for the superior buying power of TB. Do I like it? Absolutely not. But club's in the big boy game now, and has to shape up or ship out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yet he's not the oldest striker, at the club, by a good 4 years. :lol:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
A good championship player who couldn't get into the QPR team who struggled, every week and they were not interested in keeping. If we wanted to sell him more effort should have been made in January to move him on rather than a loan.

We've changed managers since then. Chris might have had a totally different plan for him than the one that's currently being enacted

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This. Gotta stop doing that 'on the cheap' shit, else we'll become more and more adrift of the financial realities of the PL. Up to TB to step up to the new reality of the PL or sell on to someone who will. Much like DK was forced to move aside for the superior buying power of TB. Do I like it? Absolutely not. But club's in the big boy game now, and has to shape up or ship out.
This is the only point I probably agree with Adrian Durham on when you get to the PL spend some money on PL players at least try and be competitive.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Could be, but I very much doubt it.... Potter has been on holiday as has Hemed.

I’d expect it’s so we can move him on for a fee.

I meant getting the new manager in was the priority over player contracts that don't expire until the end of June. Not really too sure why you find it strange that Hemed didn't get an extension in the first half of May ???

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I meant getting the new manager in was the priority over player contracts that don't expire until the end of June. Not really too sure why you find it strange that Hemed didn't get an extension in the first half of May ???

I don’t find anything strange, I’m not sure why you are saying I do.

I’m questioning why we’ve offered him a contract considering how Potter likes to play and Hemed’s massive weaknesses which conflict with that. Also surprised Hemed would sign, and judging by how active he is on social media the fact he hasn’t referenced it makes me believe he had no choice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a sideshow. There's no way Hemed is getting near the Prem matchday squad next season. However, he will score double figures in the Championship under the right manager and I'd like to see him at a play-off contender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here