Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Spotted in a Cardiff cafe deep in conversation with that bloke with his trouser waist-line close to his neck. Hanging on his every word. Reminded me of that scene in Ghost.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully he has a great season for them. I'm up there early October for a game (will be in the away end). Be nice if he plays, along with Kayal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to Tomer.

I wonder what the delay was with this transfer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Good luck Tomer, top bloke, always gave his all for the Albion and have massive respect for him.

Hope him and Beram have a great season with Charlton.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As I understand it, Charlton faxed the papers to the FA at 16.59 (the window closed at 17.00) whereas the FA said they'd been sent after the window closed. Charlton disputed it, and it seems they've won.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/...getting-answers-on-deal-for-brighton-striker/

It appears as though we terminated Hemeds contract leaving him free to join Charlton rather than wait for the Fa to sanction the move.

Previously a player becoming a free agent after the transfer window closes couldn't play for another team until the next window opens. It's why Dean Cox ended up joining Burgess Hill on loan until he could play for Crawley after leaving Orient. Has there been a rule change?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As I understand it, Charlton faxed the papers to the FA at 16.59 (the window closed at 17.00) whereas the FA said they'd been sent after the window closed. Charlton disputed it, and it seems they've won.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/...getting-answers-on-deal-for-brighton-striker/

I read it more like the deal couldn't have gone through if the original terms were kept as the paperwork was submitted too late therefore Albion agreed to cancel his contract therefore allowing him to sign as in unregistered player? Maybe he paid the Albion to release him in the absence of a transfer fee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here