Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The pre season game at Amex last summer - Hemed looked the fittest player on the pitch to me - top professional

If anything we would have taken up option to extend contract so can get a decent fee

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This. Gotta stop doing that 'on the cheap' shit, else we'll become more and more adrift of the financial realities of the PL. Up to TB to step up to the new reality of the PL or sell on to someone who will. Much like DK was forced to move aside for the superior buying power of TB. Do I like it? Absolutely not. But club's in the big boy game now, and has to shape up or ship out.

Good Lord, the transfer window has barely opened, everyone's on holiday and we've poached a technical director from England and a manager from Swansea, a team we looked up to for many seasons. And you want us in bed with the Russians or Arabs? :facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good Lord, the transfer window has barely opened, everyone's on holiday and we've poached a technical director from England and a manager from Swansea, a team we looked up to for many seasons. And you want us in bed with the Russians or Arabs? :facepalm:

Not at all. But how do you attract players with proven PL experience with a reported 50k wage cap and inflation running riot in player valuations? Anyways, like you say, everyone's on holiday, maybe the transfer window will bring us some nice surprises. Hope so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not at all. But how do you attract players with proven PL experience with a reported 50k wage cap and inflation running riot in player valuations? Anyways, like you say, everyone's on holiday, maybe the transfer window will bring us some nice surprises. Hope so.

Same here. The 50k cap seems to be widely accepted and will need to go up a bit I think. The issue is how to do it without bankrupting us or pissing off the existing players. I'd still rather be owned by Tony in the Championship than a nation state in the Prem. But I don't think Tony's bank balance wants us in the Championship. I'd expect a bit of "speculate to accumulate" but I don't see us breaking the bank.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Assuming this wage cap exists, I'd be prepared to wager 3p that the players also have rather large 'productivity' bonuses.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if those at the top last season weren't earning £50k a week but were in effect earning upto...

...£51k a week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m not.......i’d love a holiday

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not at all. But how do you attract players with proven PL experience?

Do we need players with proven Premier League experience?

If we’re trying to emulate the likes of Wolves, Watford & Bournemouth; can you name what Premier League experiences players they signed and how much you think they paid in wages?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

A 50k wage cap is actually slightly below the average salary in the Premier League according to Sportingintelligence's Global Sports Salaries Survey which reports the average annual wage in England's top flight is £2,642,508 - or £50,817 per week. :ohmy:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mere Method

Nodal Inferno

Twitchy Artisan Monolith

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
1. I didn't see anything much better than Tomer Hemed up front for us last season.
2. His WAG is very,very nice.

280full.jpg

It's a yes from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here