Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A club like Leeds should have got Hemed on board last season. He was wasted at QPR playing under that plum McClaren. The Elland Road mob were crying out for a Tomas type front man. They created so many chances per game, eventually letting their league position slip to the delight of Norwich and Sheffield United. Bamford wasn't the answer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good news, he is one player who would have had very little chance in a CH defensive side, but who could have a great chance in a Potter side IMO.

No guarantees of course, but I always greatly admired his link up play as a second striker. If we ever play with two upfront he's the kind of player a final man would love to have around him.

Call me crazy, but I think a pairing of Hemed and Andone could potentially be magic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would sooner it be Andone and Locadia who hit it off together and let Hemed be sold.

If you are objecting to him having been given a new contract, we can't sell him unless we have him under contract. Which is why he has a new contract. Nothing else to see here....:shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you are objecting to him having been given a new contract, we can't sell him unless we have him under contract. Which is why he has a new contract. Nothing else to see here....:shrug:

I am not objecting to him getting a new contract so that we can sell him but to the idea that he could be one of our main striker next season as suggested by some on here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not objecting to him getting a new contract so that we can sell him but to the idea that he could be one of our main striker next season as suggested by some on here.

OK. Well, the idea is Potter gets our players playing like we might hope they would play, so there is no reason why Tomer can't be considered for Advance Coaching in this context. You will recall that the Dutch league leading goalscorer (that's Holland, the nation that just tonked England) 14 months ago was Ali J, and his tally under CH this season was an eye-watering and nose-bleedy zero.

So it may be a little premature to bin off Tomer just yet.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
CH quickly worked out that Locadia is not a central No.9 style striker so there is no way the more progressive Potter will play him there so it’s pointless comparing him with Hemed, just shows your disdain for Locadia really.

Oddly, you then claim to have read about Potter’s system (he has many) and suggest that the wing backs we signed and dumped might be brought back and played as wing backs.

Yet the wide attackers you speak of (or inside forwards as I call them) are exactly the positions Locadia & Ali J were used to playing in Holland; extremely successfully, seems that you’ll give Greyhound & serial-bungasliga-Wing-Back-assist-maker-Suttner another chance yet your hatred of Locadia clouds your vision of seeing him given a go in his preferred position. Once Locadia is given his chance in that system, you’ll be blushing and apologising about the time that you ridiculously suggested Hemed might be a better PL player than him.

Oh dear... How dare you claim twice that I have "disdain" and/or that "I hate" any player. You're claiming (in writing) things you can't back up.Let's look at what I did say: I claimed that Locadia was rubbish in the PL last season both centrally and out wide. I'd like you to prove on a games played in the PL basis who has had the better impact overall: Hemed or Locadia? Go on, present your factual evidence that pound for pound Jurgen is better value than Tomer at this level?

I'd like you to apologise, in writing, re your claim that 'I hate' Jurgen... You've twisted my words to suit your agenda. I'd think very carefully before writing something like this about someone you don't know on an internet forum. Very carefully. I do not, nor would I ever state that "I hate" anyone associated to our club.

To be honest, if you read your reply back... well... it's you who should be embarrassed.

Your accusatory tone, your lies re my actual feelings on a player - hate? come on... you've insulted us both by making such a frankly juvenile accusation.

If Jurgen gets his chance, I hope he makes the kind of impression we all wanted first time around. He needs to work harder, he needs to be better - plain and simple. As for Tomer; his effort and desire put him well above the Locadia I saw last season, whether or not Jurgen was used centrally or out wide.

Now if you apologise, like I know you're going to, well I might just be able to convince my lawyer everything's okay.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I wonder if Potter saw Tomer play against Swansea this season and thought he'd be useful this year.

Delighted for him, absolute professional and great role model.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So surprised. Just hope he doesnt play. I would hope after 2 years in premier league we had gone beyond Murray and Hemed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here