Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Electronic Season Tickets anyone?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I wonder if the the Club has any plans to give STH’s the facility to download their season tickets onto a smartphone?
The technology has been out their for some time now, so shouldn’t be too difficult. Mind you the cynic in me thinks it would be closing an income stream when fans forget their tickets - cost me a fiver twice last season!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like having a 'membership card'.

I'm old.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whats wrong with the ST card.

Maybe a better option would be smartphone rather than print at home for cup games and non ST

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
So am I, hence my suffering senior moments and forgetting my ticket! Mind you there have been occasions when I forget my phone ��
I like having a 'membership card'.

I'm old.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Good idea, could be incorporated into a BHAFC app using NFC?

Obviously ST cards could still be used for those with smart phones or those who wish to use a card.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I have both for my SK Brann season ticket. The digital ticket was downloaded into the wallet app on my iPhone when I bought it and then I paid a couple of quid for a plastic card. I have the plastic card so I can lend it people if I can’t make a game (a practice that the club seem fine with and don’t bother Id-checking).
The digital card is more of a back up, I like having a card in my wallet, but most of all I would like a little plastic folder with an individual ticket for each game. Those were the days.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
How could you pass your season ticket onto someone else if it was on your phone?

For a fee.
It would gain revenue by legalising illicit transfers.

The only way to get into the Bernebeu if you buy a ticket from their website is using a smartphone app called Passwallet.

Not sure if the same is used for STs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I wonder if the the Club has any plans to give STH’s the facility to download their season tickets onto a smartphone?
The technology has been out their for some time now, so shouldn’t be too difficult. Mind you the cynic in me thinks it would be closing an income stream when fans forget their tickets - cost me a fiver twice last season!
Somehow don’t think your £10 made a jot of difference other than highlighting your memory issues

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
It could just be an option , as not all have smartphones as you say
Not all fans have smartphones, so would have some and some. Present system seems to work.

Bring back loading it with cash and getting 10% mouldy pies.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Not for me. Happy to have a plastic card.

'Your Season ticket will be loaded on a match by match basis to your chosen mobile device'. This will enable us to blah blah etc....

'Your ticket for Brighton and Hove Albion v XXX is attached. Click link, view thirty second advert before ticket is available.'

'Your ticket for Brighton and Hove Albion v XXX is attached. Click link, You must acknowledge that you have read this message (message from Paul Barber prohibiting this, proscribing that or forbidding the other) before proceeding'.

It's a no from me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Nations League - UEFA tested a Bluetooth based phone ticketing system.

Worked well but those that had problems, had massive problems. From tickets disappearing from phones, batteries dying, lack of connectivity to re-authenticate etc

You could have something like a QR code but the club won’t like that because it can easily be sent on to others to be resold etc. Hence the more complex UEFA style system

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

How on earth would you have coped following Brighton in the 80's when your season ticket was a little book with one page for each match

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here