Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easy trip for Cov fans straight along the A45.Regular stopping service on the train to Adderley Park and New Street.Superior facilities and pitch,welcome to Brum.
    I cant believe your complete and utter lack of empathy for fans of another team, who through no fault of their own, have lost the ground they owned through the actions of dubious ownership, and are now facing this sort of shit. Do you know the history of the club you support?

When the Goldstone was ripped from under the fans, would you have posted this?

‘Easy trip for Brighton fans straight along the A23. Regular stopping service on the trains to East Croydon and Norwood Junction. Superior facilities and pitch, welcome to SE25.’

Really?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      The only time I went to Highfield Road was for a dreadful 0-0, we had BZ playing up front.

I can't remember the year, but it was a cold day. I went with @Gritt23, we were in hospitality and got very, very drunk. You see at the top left of that aerial pic in the corner there's a little roof at the angle between the two stands - those were the executive boxes, we were in one of those, 2 or 3 stories up. Tremendous day.
      Ah yes, what a marvellous, hopelessly drunken day. It was a guy i worked with who ran the "Midlands" business, who had the box. It was always a bit of a joke that I would get an invite if Brighton ever got to play Coventry in the League. We had the looks of perennial 4th Div fodder at the time, while Cov were top flight furniture. I'm sure he made the offer never truly believing he'd have to come good on it. But credit to Ben, when we made it up teh divisions and Cov began their slip, it was on the fixture list and he was good to his word.

Not exactly Arsenal was it, but a great day.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      I cant believe your complete and utter lack of empathy for fans of another team, who through no fault of their own, have lost the ground they owned through the actions of dubious ownership, and are now facing this sort of shit. Do you know the history of the club you support?

When the Goldstone was ripped from under the fans, would you have posted this?

‘Easy trip for Brighton fans straight along the A23. Regular stopping service on the trains to East Croydon and Norwood Junction. Superior facilities and pitch, welcome to SE25.’

Really?
      Did you ever go to Highfield Road?If not,just shut up.A lot of Cov fans live along the A45 into Brum anyway,in places like Arley and Meriden,but you wouldn't know,not being local,so don't try to be clever,something you very obviously ain't!
      If you have mental problems,it might be good manners to tell me before you start the abuse.Thank you.
      "I can only beat what's in front of me" he says.Maybe too much has caused your problem.Are you myopic as well?
      Global Circumnavigator John Byrnes Mullet's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Very sad indeed. We are still at least 2 months away from the season and a deal cannot be agreed.
      I always remember that Coventry owners wanted to buy The Ricoh but it was never offered to them.
      Seems like too much internal politics between the Council and Coventry owners.
      The Council are obviously idiots in not realising how important the Football club is to Coventry City people.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Did you ever go to Highfield Road?If not,just shut up.A lot of Cov fans live along the A45 into Brum anyway,in places like Arley and Meriden,but you wouldn't know,not being local,so don't try to be clever,something you very obviously ain't!
      Yes I’ve been to Highfield Road on a number of occasions, so I don’t “need to shut up” as you so eloquently put it. Quite what that has to do with your complete disregard for their fans who, like Brighton, lost their ground, I have absolutely no idea. At a guess the date of 8th February 1997 means absolutely nothing to you.

You don’t have to be ‘local’ to be clever, as your post clearly so clearly demonstrates.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      Brighton don't play in Brighton
      So in which borough do we now play?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      I should coco Deportivo Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Lived in Cov for three years. A lot of the lads on the degree worked for courtalds (sp) and most went to games. They were all city boys living in tile hill, Redford, stoke etc.

Meriden is hard is hardly a metropolis (large village) so not sure what your getting at other than trying to be clever ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If life were a game of cards ... I'd say some ******* was cheating
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by John Byrnes Mullet View Post
      Very sad indeed. We are still at least 2 months away from the season and a deal cannot be agreed.
      I always remember that Coventry owners wanted to buy The Ricoh but it was never offered to them.
      Seems like too much internal politics between the Council and Coventry owners.
      The Council are obviously idiots in not realising how important the Football club is to Coventry City people.
      You might want to read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...edge-fund-sisu
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deportivo Seagull View Post
      Lived in Cov for three years. A lot of the lads on the degree worked for courtalds (sp) and most went to games. They were all city boys living in tile hill, Redford, stoke etc.

Meriden is hard is hardly a metropolis (large village) so not sure what your getting at other than trying to be clever ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Meriden is tiny but appears on the local news loads up here. It is the centre of England (I miss the sea), had a long running battle with a Gypsy camp https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-22256655 and has a very nice chippy.

Back on point, I haven't met a single Cov fan this weekend that is remotely satisfied with the news proximity or not.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      I suppose there is some kind of justice that the station is open for the rugby matches either (or for concerts). Seems the villains in this case is more the TOC - claiming they don't have the trains, and that to provide trains foe everyone that wants to use them wouldn't be cost-effective, Seems to go against the whole idea of running trains to me .............................. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covent...ailway_station

Perhaps we should be (very slightly) less damning of Southern Rail!
      At the time Southern and London Midland were both operated by Go-Ahead.