Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] French Open tennis

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Womens semis going on now.

Konta has thrown away 3 set points and is 5-5 in a match rather shamefully moved to the outside courts and the stands are half empty.

Barty has proper bottled it. 5-0 in the first set, goes 6-5 down before breaking back then loses the tiebreak.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Don't think the weather is helping, but that was a proper nervy game by Konta when she could've won the first set by holding serve. Hope she forces a tiebreak at least now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't think the weather is helping, but that was a proper nervy game by Konta when she could've won the first set by holding serve. Hope she forces a tiebreak at least now.

Indeed.

As for Konta, I really should get behind her. Alright she grew up in Australia but she was a naturalised Brit in 2012 (moved here aged 14) and lives in Sussex. But for some reason she annoys me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed.

As for Konta, I really should get behind her. Alright she grew up in Australia but she was a naturalised Brit in 2012 (moved here aged 14) and lives in Sussex. But for some reason she annoys me.

Let me help with that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Indeed.

But her parents are British aren’t they.... oh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Barty Anisimova semi is bonkers.

First set, Barty wins first 5 games, loses next 6, eventually loses 7-6
Second set, Barty loses first 3 games, reels off the next 6.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Another 'English' semi final choker, 2 in about 12 hours is quite impressive, even by our standards.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Useless Australian.

I miss Murray

This. Proper Brits whose mum moved them both to Spain to make sure they turned out winners. Repaid in spades with Olympic and Davis cup wins for his country, and not to mention Grand Slam wins for himself. An absolute legend.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This. Proper Brits whose mum moved them both to Spain to make sure they turned out winners. Repaid in spades with Olympic and Davis cup wins for his country, and not to mention Grand Slam wins for himself. An absolute legend.

Given how badly the LTA coached Jamie, Its not a shock she moved Andy out the system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here