Views: 381
Size:  36.5 KB

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      If you ask questions like this on a football forum:
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Apparently because of ongoing US-China trade war amongst other reasons, gold prices have gone through the roof again.

I bought some gold bullion a few years ago when I had some extra cash, not thinking I'd make the money back any time soon. However I could sell it today at a tidy profit.

I don't really need the cash, but it seems sensible to sell it while the prices are this high. Or is gold one of those things, like houses, that will always go up in price?
      You are going to get clueless answers like this in response:
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      gold will never drop in price .....if you don't need the money let it ride , it is tipped to keep rising at a very healthy rate.......

Like most, I was always of the understanding that gold is an excellent investment in turbulent global times but less so in more settled eras. But I am no expert and have never invested in it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      I bought some gold bullion a few years ago when I had some extra cash
      Attached Images Attached Images  

1 Not allowed!
      Been trading it over last few months and it is primed to take out the 2019 high of 1346 or so soon, could be today if the US numbers come out the right way!!

If it gets through 1380 odd will go much higher! Some analysts predicting 1900+ in next couple years fyi!

Not financial advise!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      Gold prices go up and down just like any other investment. It does well in uncertain times but when things settle down the price will fall again.
      if you had invested in gold 20 years ago you would have had a very tidy profit......the area where i live is very mineral rich , gold , lithium , iron ore.........all the markets buoyant at the moment with Australia almost in recession.............gold is a good bet at the moment but as you rightly say if you can recoup your initial outlay and some and still retain an interest then there is no time like the present.......i expect gold to rise quite dramatically in the coming months.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

2 Not allowed!
      Apparently because of ongoing US-China trade war amongst other reasons, gold prices have gone through the roof again.

I bought some gold bullion a few years ago when I had some extra cash, not thinking I'd make the money back any time soon. However I could sell it today at a tidy profit.

I don't really need the cash, but it seems sensible to sell it while the prices are this high. Or is gold one of those things, like houses, that will always go up in price?
      Gold fluctuates like any other investment.

My opinion (and this is not financial advice!) is there's room for Gold to get a bit higher - only because we're seeing such global uncertainty. The Gold price hits two-and-a-half-year high when May announced her resignation, now we've got Trump is weaponising trade (Mexico/China tariffs), and this results in unpredictability that is dissuading investor spending. When thing settle down, so will the Gold price.

It's worth noting the Gold/Silver ratio is off kilter at the moment - some argue that makes it a good time to pick up so cheap Silver. I'm not sure if Gold is overvalued or Silver under and tbh it could be a bit of both. Oh and remember, you've not made a profit until you've sold it!
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Name:  Oddjob_(Harold_Sakata)_-_Profile.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  389.3 KB
      Did you get a free hat like this chap?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      If you ask questions like this on a football forum:

You are going to get clueless answers like this in response:

Like most, I was always of the understanding that gold is an excellent investment in turbulent global times but less so in more settled eras. But I am no expert and have never invested in it.

feel free to bore off with your uneducated plankery......theres a good boy.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Have you got an alarm system ....will you be in this evening....where do u live

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      feel free to bore off with your uneducated plankery......theres a good boy.
      Whereas nothing screams "educated" more than telling everyone that the price of a commodity only EVER goes one way, you tedious simpleton.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.