Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold prices

Gold prices

0 Not allowed!
    Apparently because of ongoing US-China trade war amongst other reasons, gold prices have gone through the roof again.

I bought some gold bullion a few years ago when I had some extra cash, not thinking I'd make the money back any time soon. However I could sell it today at a tidy profit.

I don't really need the cash, but it seems sensible to sell it while the prices are this high. Or is gold one of those things, like houses, that will always go up in price?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I've read that and read it again.
      I can't see any possible reason why you might get some less than helpful advise, so crack on.

As you were.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

1 Not allowed!
      It about where it’s peaked in each of the last 3 years or so, and miles off the highs of 2011/12/13 isn’t it ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It about where it’s peaked in each of the last 3 years or so, and miles off the highs of 2011/12/13 isn’t it ?
      That would explain why they're so eager to buy it back. Perhaps they are anticipating that following Brexit we might see another surge & it's worth hanging onto.

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      Apparently because of ongoing US-China trade war amongst other reasons, gold prices have gone through the roof again.

I bought some gold bullion a few years ago when I had some extra cash, not thinking I'd make the money back any time soon. However I could sell it today at a tidy profit.

I don't really need the cash, but it seems sensible to sell it while the prices are this high. Or is gold one of those things, like houses, that will always go up in price?
      Sell the gold and give me the money.

0 Not allowed!

Its a way of keeping out of GBP in uncertain times. Could do worse right now...
      The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command - George Orwell, 1984

0 Not allowed!

gold will never drop in price .....if you don't need the money let it ride , it is tipped to keep rising at a very healthy rate.......
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      gold will never drop in price .....
      Eh ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      gold will never drop in price .....if you don't need the money let it ride , it is tipped to keep rising at a very healthy rate.......
      Gold prices go up and down just like any other investment. It does well in uncertain times but when things settle down the price will fall again.

2 Not allowed!
      The price of gold has dropped many times. We are about to head into some serious global financial volatility and I can see a dramatic impact on fiat currency so this is what is driving the investment in gold which will be seen as a more stable commodity for a while to come I’d imagine. I’d hold but don’t be afraid to cash some out if it skyrockets. For the same reasons I believe Bitcoin is also going to flourish.