Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The return of Worzel Gummidge...

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Cup of tea and a slice of cake?....Mackenzie Crook and the team behind the Detectorists are bringing back Worzel.
Time to go back to the ten acre field....
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/mackenzie-crook-bring-worzel-gummidge-back-tv-screens/

Looking forward to seeing who is playing Aunt Sally....

My wife loved Worzel Gummidge as a child. So much so that she bought the box set. Not sure how this will pan out. Maybe things should be left alone. I wonder what the crow man would make of it?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
CiAFVjdU4AAc2qq.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fantastic.
But in my opinion I don't think it will better the original.
Kelly Brook to play Aunt Sally, in let's say a more modern dress.

Know what you mean but I’m optimistic if Crook is behind it. The Detectorists was one of the best series I’ve watched.

....and Kelly Brook in a hayloft, well.........

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I instantly thought that Mackenzie Crook was a sublime fit for the part as he wouldn't need much makeup.

Yes. I’ve seen some other pics of him as Worzel and he looks more like the traditional one. If I remember correctly Worzel could change heads? I definitely had a WG toy that had interchangeable heads.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Know what you mean but I’m optimistic if Crook is behind it. The Detectorists was one of the best series I’ve watched.

....and Kelly Brook in a hayloft, well.........

Detectorists was sublime. Just a joyful program. Instantly became a favourite of mine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. I’ve seen some other pics of him as Worzel and he looks more like the traditional one. If I remember correctly Worzel could change heads? I definitely had a WG toy that had interchangeable heads.

Yes, remember the different heads, there was certainly a " Thinking Head " for when he had a problem.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Changing of the heads was the best part, watch a clip of when he puts his brave head on.
As it's an up to date version I wonder if he will have a Brexit head.
Blimey I may have opened up a can of worms there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope so, but Pertwee was just brilliant.
Ricky Gervais would make a great Crowman.

Wasn’t Crowman played by the same actor that was Catweazle? I believe he passed away recently. Amazing face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here