Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Interesting fact: Sussex was the last place in England to turn Christian

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sussex or what was then the South Saxon kingdom, were the last people to be converted to Christianity, had no idea till someone told me in the pub last night.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Absolutely true Sussex was isolated by the downs and Weald beyond to the north and sea to the south retained its owns indipendace and kings longer than most other regions on England

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sussex or what was then the South Saxon kingdom, were the last people to be converted to Christianity, had no idea till someone told me in the pub last night.

That explains a lot, every time I enter the realm of Sussex, it's like being on the set of
' The Hills Have Eyes' :D

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently Brighton & Hove is the most godless place in England. So it still hasn't made it south of the twin pylons.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We need a wall around Sussex and make Kent pay for it, reinstate the monarchy of Sussex either look for a descendant of Harold Godwinson or just crown the duke of Sussex declare independence from the UK and apply to join the EU

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need a wall around Sussex and make Kent pay for it, reinstate the monarchy of Sussex either look for a descendant of Harold Godwinson or just crown the duke of Sussex declare independence from the UK and apply to join the EU

Amen to that.

n.b - Any chance of ceding Crawley to Surrey and reclaiming Tunbridge Wells from Kent?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always thought the shenanigans of the bonfire societies seemed rather pagan.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

You were doing so well until that last bit

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
We need a wall around Sussex and make Kent pay for it, reinstate the monarchy of Sussex either look for a descendant of Harold Godwinson or just crown the duke of Sussex declare independence from the UK and apply to join the EU[/QUOTE]

That last bit is your best bit...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here