Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Interesting fact: Sussex was the last place in England to turn Christian

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We need a wall around Sussex and make Kent pay for it, reinstate the monarchy of Sussex either look for a descendant of Harold Godwinson or just crown the duke of Sussex declare independence from the UK and apply to join the EU

You sound like Trump with your wall idea, very weird.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Lewes is home to the senior druids of the UK, has a lot of druid activities as a result. There's times a night out in Lewes can genuinely make you realise how tame the rest of the country is, and I'm not just talking November 5th. It's a place with many secrets and craziness just under the surface and every now and then it pops out. I've been lucky to be there a few times to see some very memorable and odd times.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Lewes is home to the senior druids of the UK, has a lot of druid activities as a result. There's times a night out in Lewes can genuinely make you realise how tame the rest of the country is, and I'm not just talking November 5th. It's a place with many secrets and craziness just under the surface and every now and then it pops out. I've been lucky to be there a few times to see some very memorable and odd times.

Such as?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Oh I do like a good analogy I think I can see what you mean but just so I have this clear let's suppose hypothetically that a group of people were to declare independence from another group of people that lets use your analogy that they all liked a good bacon sandwich and that while being part of this larger joint group had agreed the rules for the ingredients of this bacon sandwich, now because this new smaller group wanted control regarding the ingredients of the bacon sandwich that's clearly independence I think I get that so far.

Now using the same analogy this newly independent group of bacon sandwich loving people's still need to get ingredients, they could go back to the group they just left or they could get them from another group of people that sell the ingredients for a lower price all good so far, however by doing so they loose any control over how the ingredients were sourced and produced, so while gaining independence they simultaneously loose indipendace and to make matters worse these new ingreadants may have been genetically modified, feed growth hormones or washed in chemical solutions to improve there transportation shelf lifetime, I can see why they would want to give up eating meat!

So to truly declare independence this group of people would need too produce there own ingredients luckly this sandwich doesn't contain any ingredients that could not be sourced from within the group, other wise this independence seeking bacon sandwich loving people's might need to start gaining a taste turnip sandwiches #takebackthebaconroll

Or, using your analogy, be able to source those ingredients from all over the world, imposing their own standards that food has to meet before it can be imported, without limiting your suppliers to one trading block who try to prevent even cheaper food from coming in from outside of the zone it governs?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Most of those from Lewes have long since left. It's mainly DFL's living there now, as the younger generations of Lewesians got priced out of the housing market and forced to move elsewhere rather than be able to stay in their home town

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town

The world pea throwing championships coming up along withan anti protest phl.
For those not itk peas have lives !!
Free transport provided nationally to demonstrate againstthe misuse of peas!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Or, using your analogy, be able to source those ingredients from all over the world, imposing their own standards that food has to meet before it can be imported, without limiting your suppliers to one trading block who try to prevent even cheaper food from coming in from outside of the zone it governs?

Maybe but imposing our standards would be part of any negotiations entered into between the Kingdom of Sussex and the the supplying country or trading block this could take years so until then we will either turn our tastes to turnip rolls or accept the standards imposed.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Oh that sounds interesting please do tell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here