Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Mobile Phone internet usage.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Whoever you are signed-up with and you pay there is an internet allowance so for me/us 5GB, When at home or a 'hotspot' no problem,however can SOMEONE please advise me/us/ you once you are away home a 'home hub' just how much usage is used if download 'the App' and listen online ? By that i mean say download Ken Bruce on R2 and listen to a two and half show using the App,yet out of our/my 5GB allowance have we used ?:wave:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well if you downloaded the R2 show whilst on WiFi you've used nothing. If you stream it (basically listen to it live on iPlayer or BBC SOUNDS app) then I found this with a quick Google search. Seems best thing to do is check the app settings and select a lower quality stream to save data usage:

The amount of data your service chews up depends on the quality settings. *SNIP* So what does that mean in terms of your data plan? 320kbps rate translates to 2.40 MB per minute of audio or 115.2 MB per hour. So if you were to stream music for an entire eight hour work day, you'd burn through nearly 1 GB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here