Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Samatta

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If he is off to Villa it's the first time I'll question our sanity under Potter and the recruitment staff currently in place. For 8.5 million quid we should be doing everything in our power to sign a strong, powerful and fast striker that already has a very good relationship with Trossard and produced over 20 goals with him. Amateur hour if we let that slip through our fingers, IMO.

Ever stop to consider that a successful transfer requires both parties to be interested? Maybe the club did do everything it could to get him, but he said no? We can't force through a transfer if the player won't sign.

From memory, didn't one of our current players signed by Potter state pretty clearly that he never would have signed if Hughton was still in charge?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ever stop to consider that a successful transfer requires both parties to be interested? Maybe the club did do everything it could to get him, but he said no? We can't force through a transfer if the player won't sign.

From memory, didn't one of our current players signed by Potter state pretty clearly that he never would have signed if Hughton was still in charge?

True, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Yes, Tross.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The thing is tho.. is this guy really going to be any better then Murray?

He’s not exactly a young player. I suspect the club thought this and decided on other targets.

I get it though. I’m angstsy for signings, especially up front.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Yes, Trossard did. The same guy that played with Samatta all year last year and combined for 30+ goals and a league title. If we did go for him, and he said no in favour of Villa when we have someone he is already presumably close with to put in a good word. Yikes. Anyway it doesn't matter now, he's going to be a Villa player, hopefully my feelings on him are wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seagull wedgee suggests we’re signing him.. and he joins villa within a week - standard!

All we need is a really strong transfer rumour to break and wedgee to say ‘definitely not’ (for once) and go the other way... then we have ourselves a signing!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
27 year old Champions League player and scorer, so probably better just now.

27.. maybe.

The CL stuff dont really matter that much either. Plenty of players who played and scored in the Champions League wouldnt make it the match squad in any PL team, and likewise a bunch of mediocre PL players could score goals in the CL.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Seagull wedgee suggests we’re signing him.. and he joins villa within a week - standard!

All we need is a really strong transfer rumour to break and wedgee to say ‘definitely not’ (for once) and go the other way... then we have ourselves a signing!

Mate, don’t be a plonker. I asked a question: “Movement?”... because I had heard from a reliable source that a discussion had commenced. That’s all, just a discussion. Just grow up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mate, don’t be a plonker. I asked a question: “Movement?”... because I had heard from a reliable source that a discussion had commenced. That’s all, just a discussion. Just grow up.

You must have got a new sauce then, because your old one wasn't so much UNreliable as completley wrong all the time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, Trossard did. The same guy that played with Samatta all year last year and combined for 30+ goals and a league title. If we did go for him, and he said no in favour of Villa when we have someone he is already presumably close with to put in a good word. Yikes. Anyway it doesn't matter now, he's going to be a Villa player, hopefully my feelings on him are wrong.
Maupay scores almost 30 goals in tougher league than in Belgium, 30 goals in the championship equates to roughly 10 a season in the PL as standard in a team of ours and Villas qualities. Waste of money at his age.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sorry mate - was just a joke :(

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we are mugs TBH... he's 27, not ****ing 37... and he has good experience... FFS Albion Recruitment...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think we are mugs TBH... he's 27, not ****ing 37... and he has good experience... FFS Albion Recruitment...

Despite the fact that Dean Smith has said they are having to roll the dice and take a big risk on a striker because they are desperate.

I’m sure he is decent but let’s not forget Wesley the player he is replacing was signed from that league with a decent goal scoring record.... Just because he is cheap and scored a few doesn’t make us mugs for not wanting him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here