B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Whether or not that is the case I'm a little surprised that a thread would have been started intending to counter it and fuel another Zaha binfest.

Racism is an issue in sport and shouldn't be a platform used as a banter football to start to having a go at an opposition player who's experience we know little of.

Grow up.

If this was another player I doubt we would see this thread.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whether or not that is the case I'm a little surprised that a thread would have been started intending to counter it and fuel another Zaha binfest.

Racism is an issue in sport and shouldn't be a platform used as a banter football to start to having a go at an opposition player who's experience we know little of.

Grow up.

What? I'm asking legit questions.

I don't think - in fact, I know - racism wouldn't be tolerated by fans at The Amex - where Zaha is, at best, not well liked - so I'm wondering when and where these comments occur.

FA investigating, btw, so that's good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Grow up.

I think posters are just saying he is delusional. Well he is isn’t he ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have heard a LOT of abuse towards Zaha, but never a single racist comment. Maybe we BHA fans are just more evolved?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's lucky he doesn't play for us, he'd get homophobic abuse as well probably.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014

I don't think - in fact, I know - racism wouldn't be tolerated by fans at The Amex - where Zaha is, at best, not well liked - so I'm wondering when and where these comments occur.

Your question was 'Anyone else find this hard to believe?!'

The answer is that no-one knows except him.

What is for sure is that he gets a lot of it from various platforms.

Whether 'every game' is over-playing or not really isn't an issue. He's the only victim here. And knowing, as already demonstrated, that Zaha is always good for a kicking on here I would simply have left it to threads about diving.

If it was an Albion player I'm sure detractors would be supportive and afford him the right to be seen as correct unless shown otherwise.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He's lucky he doesn't play for us, he'd get homophobic abuse as well probably.

If he got racist abuse EVERY game it would have been policed or at least reported by the majority of fans who are in the main decent. I dare say it has happened on occasions but don’t forget the man is not honest is he. We’ve all seen him cheat more then any other player in living memory.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whether 'every game' is over-playing or not really isn't an issue.

That's your opinion.

He's painting a picture of Premier League football that seems unrepresentative of what I see and hear - and that has knock-on effects.

But maybe I'm wrong. Hence, asking questions.

I'm sure the FA will get to the bottom of it.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
I think posters are just saying he is delusional. Well he is isn’t he ?

I don't know that. I'm not present at every game he plays. And I've never experienced racial abuse.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can well believe this. Fans know that he reacts to provocation and football does attract some unpleasant people. He’s copped plenty of flack playing against us, but I’ve not heard any racism at Brighton for 30+ years (the last I can remember was directed at Ian Wright).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

The Ebola Zaha chant that I have heard in the NS isn’t particularly great.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Grow up.

Perfectly legitimate thread. Zaha is a serial squealer and, if he's proven to be exaggerating here, he will have done anti-racism a big disservice. If it's proved, or proved in the future, then someone will have to take action.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nearly every game, that is a lie and he knows it

Someone or something has obviously flicked his switch recently and he wants to be in the news.

I too remember the abuse towards Ian Wright but this was by West Ham fans, who reacted to inflammatory gestures - around 25 years ago at Upton Park which was a fearsome place back then. Banana skins also thrown towards Paul Ince - disgraceful. There was huge uproar back then and quite rightly. The 'Kick it out' campaign was launched around that time.

Why didn't Zaha report it to the referee and where it was coming from at the time? There's something that doesn't add up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here