Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uefa Nations League

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Great decision, nothing wrong with that. Shame the ref couldn’t check his decision in the first half to award the free kick that lead to the goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I thought that was a foul, as he took the player and ball. But, the free kick should have never have been allowed to take place where it was, no where near the incident.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the Swiss got clipped, the his leg touched his other leg. Pen for me.

A precedent has now been set, it will be interesting to see if other refs follow suit.

It didn't look absolute though. I was a bit surprised it was given. All I could see was the Swiss bloke tripping over himself.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think at the end of the day, accidental or not, the slight clip denied a goal scoring opportunity. So I guess we Can’t argue with that being a pen.

*even though we all are!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Similar to our pen away at Arsenal. Defender caught his leg unintentionally, but causing player to trip himself up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nah, he was intentionally clipped and did not protest.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Magnificent finishing by CR7.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Magnificent finishing by CR7.

Even when he's having an ordinary game there is always that one, or three, moments.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely comical VAR. The Swiss quite clearly contrived to clip his own calf in an attempt to buy a pen, and despite then actually seeing it for himself, the ref fell for it.

Unreal. Astonishing. I could grudgingly take an honest mistake of a decision at realtime speed to award a soft one. But for the ref to actually buy that on review. Wow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sean Ingle on Twitter

https://twitter.com/seaningle

Has footage of our brave young hero's taking it to Europe once more. :rolleyes:

Das you better reach for these before clicking the feed

Wet-Ones-Cooling-Wipes-12-Pack-307211.jpg

Regards
SB.

What's the fookin point?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Hacks me off no end as these knobs stop me wanting to support England. Will probably watch if Propper gets on.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not interested. At all.

I usually do a canny 3-1 so imagine my horror last night when I checked the score. Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! I'm wiping it from my mind. If I hadn't been ill i would have had a flutter. Tonight will probably be 0-0. If it was on ITV (which it should be), everyone would be talking about it. I hope we win but a lot of people will miss out because of bloody BT Sport.

The trouble maybe revenge for Euro 2004? - fans have long memories........

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not interested. At all.

I usually do a canny 3-1 so imagine my horror last night when I checked the score. Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! I'm wiping it from my mind. If I hadn't been ill i would have had a flutter. Tonight will probably be 0-0. If it was on ITV (which it should be), everyone would be talking about it. I hope we win but a lot of people will miss out because of bloody BT Sport.

The trouble maybe revenge for Euro 2004? - fans have long memories........

"Sky sports" but your sentiment is correct

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Utter utter embarrassment from so called England fans yet again. Complete scum, no other word for them.

I haven't seen any of the footage. I assume there was some textbook chair LUZZING? And that sideways skipping thing they like to do?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When those fools sing 'ten German bombers' they seem oblivious that their Neanderthal chants are actually an insult to those who fought the war. Nobody fought so that twunts could embarrass the country.

There soon go quiet if a handful of Russians turn up... Unless PPF is in their ranks, in which case they would conquer supreme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here