Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Uefa Nations League

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don’t agree at all but that’s life. We are a breath of fresh air these days for me and luckily many and were at the World Cup. We weren’t good tonight though. I think the ‘prima Donna’ rag is lazy. I can’t think of any player in that squad who’s dislikeable.

We stunk the 2014 and 2016 Euros out.

We are not suddenly going to be world beaters -

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn’t realise it was this bad. Outclassed.

C672D653-43CA-4227-96FA-A77E20BBE69E.png

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Blimey, a load of overreactive responses coloured by past England team's failures and not judging this on merit. We had a midfield bereft of all the World Cup stars due to the Champions League and still almost, almost won this game. Our second half plan of sitting back and hitting on the counter would have worked if we hadn't conceded from a corner. Two extra-time defensive errors cost us. Maybe we'll be savvier in extra-times in future. No post-mortem needed. Dutch are far better than some are suggesting on here. Weak up front but strong everywhere else. They have multiple players who were in teams in the last four of the Champions League. They did top the French in their group, remember.

Enjoyable game, frustrating end.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The England players are mentally and physically shattered.

I imagine the last thing they wanted was to play in this

Except that in order to be able to win stuff at international level you usually have to be able to play well in June.

What makes things even worse is there is now a poxy 6 team World Club Cup in Qatar in December, so expect the Liverpool players to be dead on their arses for Euro 2020.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn’t realise it was this bad. Outclassed.

View attachment 110906

I think we were poor tonight but the game certainly didn’t reflect those stats. Holland were ordinary too. Didn’t think there was much in it at all - stats can be misleading in football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Remember, if the Lingard goal stands we're probably in the final. Fine margins...

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Don’t agree at all but that’s life. We are a breath of fresh air these days for me and luckily many and were at the World Cup. We weren’t good tonight though. I think the ‘prima Donna’ tag is lazy. I can’t think of any player in that squad who’s dislikeable.

Each to their own opinion! Nothing lazy about my comments. Let’s see what this lot actually achieve!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As an aside, are Brighton the least patriotic fans in England? I swear NSC is one of the most cynical places about our national team.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We've been completely outclassed in the game.

Very few clear cut chances created, our only goal was from their error.

Can't see any positives at all from another Semi-Final defeat from a winning position in the second half.

All their goals were from errors - Stones went to sleep and only woke up after their midfielder started his run to score, and then we gifted them two goals because we preferred to get into a mess rather than clear the ball. I didn’t think the Dutch were any better than us in attacking play. They may have had more possession but it didn’t lead to much in the way of goal scoring chances.

We weren’t outclassed, we were just poor.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blimey, a load of overreactive responses coloured by past England team's failures and not judging this on merit. We had a midfield bereft of all the World Cup stars due to the Champions League and still almost, almost won this game. Our second half plan of sitting back and hitting on the counter would have worked if we hadn't conceded from a corner. Two extra-time defensive errors cost us. Maybe we'll be savvier in extra-times in future. No post-mortem needed. Dutch are far better than some are suggesting on here. Weak up front but strong everywhere else. They have multiple players who were in teams in the last four of the Champions League. They did top the French in their group, remember.

Enjoyable game, frustrating end.

Stop coming on here and talking sense!!!! It’s tradition to throw out the old cliches and laugh at England. We are totally different from years gone by and it’s clear but it won’t stop some moronic comments overreacting...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I missed them, but it seems the posts criticising us for playing out from the back only started appearing toward the very end of the game when the commentators were going on about it, trying to drive a narrative. We hear "Hoooooofff!!!' most times a team plays it long. British fans, when not being pushed in that direction by commentators/pundits, don't have issues about playing from the back. They have problems with errors. Stupid decisions by defenders cost us. Not playing out from the back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Except that in order to be able to win stuff at international level you usually have to be able to play well in June.

What makes things even worse is there is now a poxy 6 team World Club Cup in Qatar in December, so expect the Liverpool players to be dead on their arses for Euro 2020.

The players have a proper break this summer and the winter break starts this season (I think?) which will help.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Edit

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You have let us down again.

No one cares that much about this, do they!?

The end of a long old season for all these players and playing in game nowhere near as big as a proper tournament. I'm not going to wet the bed over a poor performance tonight. Shouldn't be surprised anyway after the champs league final last week

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Each to their own opinion! Nothing lazy about my comments. Let’s see what this lot actually achieve!

Even if they achieve nothing, it doesn’t mean they are prima donnas. Not like certain players of years gone by. You could say the same about Albion players. I met a few who were a little up their own arses. We shall see. Let’s hope we achieve. I’d argue a semi in a World Cup is already an achievement - we made the nation believe again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As an aside, are Brighton the least patriotic fans in England? I swear NSC is one of the most cynical places about our national team.

Nah - lots of BHA on the England scene and well respected. They just don’t post on NSC and judge from their keyboards and TVs...!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
No one cares that much about this, do they!?

The end of a long old season for all these players and playing in game nowhere near as big as a proper tournament. I'm not going to wet the bed over a poor performance tonight. Shouldn't be surprised anyway after the champs league final last week

Out of interest, when was the last time you wet your bed?:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here