Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the G Pot??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's gone very quiet, I've heard whispers he's gone on holiday to Palma Nova in Majorca for a fortnight, is this true??

I'd feel a little sheepish turning up to a new employer, working for a week then going on leave for 2 weeks.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He's gone very quiet, I've heard whispers he's gone on holiday to Palma Nova in Majorca for a fortnight, is this true??

I'd feel a little sheepish turning up to a new employer, working for a week then going on leave for 2 weeks.

it's the nature of football management, this is the close season and being refreshed and ready to go when the players return is vital. I imagine he will want to get started as soon as possible

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well l'd say this was the perfect time for anyone involved with a football club to go on holiday, as long as he is back at the helm when pre-season training commences l'll be happy.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I would hope things are moving behind closed doors, however this is normal operating procedure for our Tony ,a net has been thrown over with nothing escaping , I have become accustomed to the cloak of silence at our club

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

1. Let’s hope he’s not about to do a Cloughie and sod off to Leeds.

2. Surely in our model now is the ONLY time to take two weeks?

3. We all know it’s PR guff that the manager has final say on our transfer dealings so he doesn’t need to be here except to take pre season training and fit the square pegs in the round holes. :jester:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If he is on holiday, I'd bet he has a whole load of videos to watch poolside, cocktail in hand

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think its a disgrace to go on holiday, personally how can you do that after having the role for a couple of days. Failing to prepare for undoubatbly his biggest Job in football to date. I would expect him to be a little more professional to be honest.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Our Graham is keeping himself busy in the off season...

"Tony, Will you choose striker number 1; he's a hotshot in the Eredivisie, and if you're lucky he he won't be a CLOGGER..."

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
He’s probably busy hunting down all the players we’ve been linked to. It’s gonna take a while, give him time,and I’m sure he’ll resurface.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good. Go away for a few days now (no doubt with coaches notebook and loads of stats and matches on the ipad for those boring hours by the pool), get fully refreshed and come back ready to get going. No holiday then until next May, so best doing it now.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It sounds pretty sensible to be to be honest. It shows that he realises he is 'head coach' and just one cog in the machine that is Brighton and Hove Albion. ? poll for his length of tenure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here