Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dakota D-Day Flypast

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know the exact route of the aircraft? They say it will be flying over Eastbourne but will that be the town itself or maybe Beachy Head. Taking my Mum and would hate to disappoint her.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think there's some sort of ceremony on Beachy Head so seems logical it would pass as near to that as possible

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apparently it's extremely wide as over 40 planes will be in a very spread out formation. Our school is getting the kids to spell out 'D-Day' on the field in the hope that the pilots see it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Think there's some sort of ceremony on Beachy Head so seems logical it would pass as near to that as possible

Thanks. Searched lots of sites but didn't see this.

Apparently it's extremely wide as over 40 planes will be in a very spread out formation. Our school is getting the kids to spell out 'D-Day' on the field in the hope that the pilots see it.

Trust someone gets a drone up to take a photo.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
who else saw 5 this morning over BN1 ? 7.15 am

No, but saw one the other day. And last year. Ones kept nearish where I live. Drove past Duxford yesterday too. It’ll be mobbed today, m11 will not be a good road today! Best coverage will be on Beeb though, they do these things very well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm in Duxford today, at a location just off the airfield. Departure from IMW Duxford has been delayed until 15.24 hrs.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Running 1.5 hrs late apparently
Screenshot_20190605-140128.png

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
who else saw 5 this morning over BN1 ? 7.15 am

I did while I was at work, nice and low too.

Thank you for your expert comment. Heh look, they fly over Eastbourne. Which takes me back to my question, the town or Beachy Head.
Taking my Mum to Beachy Head.

According to the pictures I saw the flight path extends over Eastbourne towards Newhaven, it needs to be that wide to accommodate the fact so many will be flying in formation.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BBC news came live from Duxford and were inside one of the Dakota's. Did they say they have 24 there.

I have heard there maybe between 30 and 40? At least a dozen flew in, in formation, late morning.

Edit: Just been informed that x34 Dakotas currently confirmed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
On Eastbourne seafront by the Band Stand. The only way up to Beachy Head was by a sightseeing bus that was charging £7.50 with my senior citizen bus pass. I politely declined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here