Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How often do you buy her/him indoors flowers?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
On her Birthday only, she thinks I have done something that I feel guilty about if I buy flowers any other time.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm waiting for the funeral.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I used to buy my wife flowers pretty often. There was no "have you done something wrong?!" scenario (I'm generally in trouble anyway, that's standard).

But she eventually said "They're really nice but it basically just gives me another job to do" as my flower arranging is properly shite. Like Nigel Farage as a human being shite. Even when I try really hard and think I've nailed it, shite.

Nowadays I get the nipper to present them to her or blame him for the arrangement.

She still doesn't want them often.....

Might buy some tomorrow.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I buy them anyway- and plants. Can't have enough around the place. Changes the environment.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I buy flowers for the house. Makes it look nice. Mrs TC is the WORST person for buying presents for me. In the entire 22 years I have known her she hasn’t bought me one single decent present. As a result I’m loathe to give her flowers. However I like having them in the house so I just buy them, put them in a vase and pop them on the table without ceremony.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Spontaneously

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Birthday, Valentines Day, Anniversary usually, but not always. Boring I know.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm waiting for the funeral.

Nauighty! it did make me smile though. I know l don't buy her indoors flowers nearly enough, and one thing seeing this thread has done, is remind me to do it more often.

What I don't agree with though, is simply doing the expected thing and buying them just on her birthday, it should be a spontaneous act really and done when she least expects it.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Exactly right. I have never bought cut flowers. front garden.jpg

we prefer ours growing . . . . . our front garden this morning

Never understood flowers. Let's kill a load of plants and pack them tightly together and watch them rot slowly in water.

At least chocolates have a purpose.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Usually about once a month, if I see some flowers I think she'll like whilst I'm out. Most people on NSC seem not to actually like their wife but I think mine is fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here