Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

Conveyancing fees - Advice please

0 Not allowed!
    Could the fine folk of NSC advise me of what sort of bill I should have received from my solicitor in regards to their conveyancing fees. Having moved a couple of months ago I sat down and went over the paperwork for their services. I paid £2,400 for what is itemised as Solicitor fees,HM Land registry fees ( not stamp duty ) and search fees. I was led to believe their own fee was £695+VAT via their website. I would like to know if the monies I paid are about right ( can't believe HM Land reg and searches are £1,600 ), before I phone or email and make myself look a plonker. Thanks for your time.
    When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      searches were couple hundred as i recall. does the service cover the survey?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      searches were couple hundred as i recall. does the service cover the survey?
      Survey? The only survery we had done was with our mortgage provider.
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

0 Not allowed!
      Did you sell as well as purchase through the same solicitor?
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      If bill was 'itemised' that implies you know the breakdown of £2,400. I don't want to believe they sent you an invoice for £2,400 with no breakdown of the constituent elements as that would be very unprofessional, but if so, get the breakdown then revert to NSC. If not, please share for advice/comment.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Da Man Clay View Post
      Did you sell as well as purchase through the same solicitor?
      We did. But the selling fees were paid last year. We moved in with the in-laws for a while, waiting for the new purchase to go through.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Andy Naylor Fan Club View Post
      We did. But the selling fees were paid last year. We moved in with the I laws for a while, waiting for the new purchase to go through.
      Ah right, in which case that sounds a little over the top. We paid similar for buy and sell at the same time.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      If bill was 'itemised' that implies you know the breakdown of £2,400. I don't want to believe they sent you an invoice for £2,400 with no breakdown of the constituent elements as that would be very unprofessional, but if so, get the breakdown then revert to NSC. If not, please share for advice/comment.
      A copy of the actual invoice...
      Name:  IMG_20190604_230310.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  185.0 KB

0 Not allowed!
      Also, the retainer letter should really have given a breakdown of a) the solicitor's estimated fees and b) estimated disbursements - definitely worth checking that over.
      Diamond formation? Does anyone really know what that is? I mean, at least you knew where you were with Alf Ramsey's wingless wonders. You know? 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 4-3-3... 0898 654000, freephone double glazing?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Andy Naylor Fan Club View Post
      A copy of the actual invoice...
      Name:  IMG_20190604_230310.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  185.0 KB
      Ask them for breakdown of £2472.