Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Delph

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2018
Just seen he might be surplus to requirements and maybe allowed to leave at a reduced fee based on wages 90k a week and only a year left on his contract

I’ve always thought he was solid playing defensive midfield and in my opinion would improve what we currently have.

Wages maybe an issue but as a package taking into account the reduced fee might be a deal to be had.

Not sure whether he would be needed elsewhere in the top 8 clubs

So the question being could we attract the likes of delph with regular first time football and would you take him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe. He's a bit dull, though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
I don't think there is room in our squad, what with the other 400 we're looking to sign???

Haven’t you heard, we’re sorting out development loans for 375 of them?

To be clear I haven’t linked him with any substance or source, it’s simply a discussion point.

If the finances worked would you take him?

Everton or Newcastle would probably be more likely
Though

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No chance sadly.

Another who will be offered 100k a week by a club deemed more attractive than us. Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Wolves just to name a few. Out of our league.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If we were gonna sign someone on that kid of wage, I'd want them to be an absolute superstar who would be a stalwart of our team. He, by all accounts, does not fit that as he's is fairly jury prone and an average player.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If we were gonna sign someone on that kid of wage, I'd want them to be an absolute superstar who would be a stalwart of our team. He, by all accounts, does not fit that as he's is fairly jury prone and an average player.

...scored one of the best goals at Withdean though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have the money, but in order to sing him we would need to offset the salary with a big signing on fee, and possibly an Aubameyang style loyalty bonus. What we can't do is put a new player on 100K a week because about 5 of our current squad will get an automatic rise to the same (allegedly - happily stand to be corrected if I'm wrong).

So it is possible. He seems like a good lad, albeit a complete whippet-training northerner. Maybe Leeds......oh.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen he might be surplus to requirements and maybe allowed to leave at a reduced fee based on wages 90k a week and only a year left on his contract

I’ve always thought he was solid playing defensive midfield and in my opinion would improve what we currently have.

Wages maybe an issue but as a package taking into account the reduced fee might be a deal to be had.

Not sure whether he would be needed elsewhere in the top 8 clubs

So the question being could we attract the likes of delph with regular first time football and would you take him?

Well if he did decide to come and sign for the Albion, you can pick him up in your cab and make sure the fecker doesn't do, what they call in the trade, an 'Alex Pritchard'

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have the money, but in order to sing him we would need to offset the salary with a big signing on fee, and possibly an Aubameyang style loyalty bonus. What we can't do is put a new player on 100K a week because about 5 of our current squad will get an automatic rise to the same (allegedly - happily stand to be corrected if I'm wrong).

So it is possible. He seems like a good lad, albeit a complete whippet-training northerner. Maybe Leeds......oh.

Probably PB too would get an automatic rise as well

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I doubt that we will beat other teams to sign him but he is the type of l;eft sided midfielder that we need. He is one who can both attack and defend as needed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
Well if he did decide to come and sign for the Albion, you can pick him up in your cab and make sure the fecker doesn't do, what they call in the trade, an 'Alex Pritchard'

It’s well known we don’t go saaaarf of the river

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I doubt that we will beat other teams to sign him but he is the type of l;eft sided midfielder that we need. He is one who can both attack and defend as needed.

Really?

OK, in which case, I'm now OUT!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Loan at best.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Unfortunately players like him who currently ply their trade at any of the top 6 are financially way out of our reach. If they move on invariably they will move onto the next tier of clubs, of which we aren't one.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Delph on the Potters Wheel - interesting.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Exceent player and good attitude. I’d be delighted if we had a chance but unfortunately he’ll go to someone higher up the foodchain - Everton, Leicester etc or to be honest he’d be a really good signing for Man Utd or Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here