Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Delph

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Interesting that we are prepared to link ourselves on NSC with these sort of players and then distance ourselves because the salary is to high. At what stage do we sign players on ridiculously high wages to compete or do we carry on steady as we go hopefully clearing debt but with the fear of relegation annually hanging round our necks.
With players like Delph are we speculating to accumulate is he really that much of a gamble.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is this the same Fabian Delph that's currently in the England squad and playing for the champions?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No no no. Absolutely not value for money

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Haven’t you heard, we’re sorting out development loans for 375 of them?

To be clear I haven’t linked him with any substance or source, it’s simply a discussion point.

If the finances worked would you take him?

Everton or Newcastle would probably be more likely
Though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's class, but out of our price range

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TB is really unlikely to be employing any players on massive salaries even if the transfer costs are within budget.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Transfer policy this summer will be very interesting. He is definitely a player who would improve our team, and if he ends up being "out of our League" and yet ends up at Newcastle or Palace, then we are accepting that dragging ourselves up beyond 15th is "out of our League" and we must accept bottom 5 or 6 is still where we are.

All the noises the last 6 months is that we believe we are better than that. Let's see.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd jump at the chance to sign him. He's an excellent midfielder who's versatile enough to give our squad more options. I don't see it happening though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He'll go to West Ham like everybody else. If someone is available, it seems West Ham are interested.

He seems like the ideal player for Palace, big wage, injury prone, living off of a reputation with little actual substance. I'm sure Parish is on the phone already.

Sturridge and Delph for £200k per week is a bargain!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Got it. Buy Delph and Sturridge, Top 6 beckons.

Did I say that? It was you that chucked a stupid cliche out. But even you surely can't deny that the best clubs pay the highest wages and the best clubs tend to, consequently, attract the best players and win the most trophies?

If we're never going to pay salaries like that, in this evolving football landscape, then it suggests we're never going to progress beyond being, at best, a relegation candidate in this division. If that's the case, we may as well all just give up and go home now. Or at least back to the Championship where our lack of ambition deserves to be.

Saying all that, I'd take Delph if it was possible and the money was right. He's a good player, a leader, a winner and we need as many good players with these characteristics as we can get.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here