Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The downside of Maupay as far as I can see is that he is very lightweight and easily brushed off the ball.

Looked strong a few times with the defender on his back. I remember one moment where he had a defender really hassling him from behind whilst the ball was dropping from a clearance. He managed to hold his ground, keep the defender behind him and then very nicely brought it down on his chest. Just from that one instance alone I could see he has the attributes to cope upfront in this league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I found one of his closing down runs very endearing in the second half. Locadia was much closer but didn’t seem bothered but Maupassant, who had been on the pitch for an hour + sprinted to close the defender down. I appreciated that.
A splendid effort by the 19th. century French author, especially since he died in 1893!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Another poor display from maupay today. Thought trossard, march, bernado looked good going forward. Maupay looks out of his depth. Is he simply a finisher ? Do we need a bigger man to spearhead the attack?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Set up a couple of decent chances.

Not too sure what else he's supposed to do :shrug:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Another poor display from maupay today. Thought trossard, march, bernado looked good going forward. Maupay looks out of his depth. Is he simply a finisher ? Do we need a bigger man to spearhead the attack?

Absolute nonsense. Did very well to put it on a plate for trossard and had a few nice touches and bits of hold up play, but we were playing Man City away, I don't really know what you expect. A lot more to come from our Neal

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolute nonsense. Did very well to put it on a plate for trossard and had a few nice touches and bits of hold up play, but we were playing Man City away, I don't really know what you expect. A lot more to come from our Neal

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I thought other players looked far better going forward today and the previous 2 games. Maupay looks weak to me. Time will tell.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion plus points

+ Played our way out of the press (but City didn't tire of it)
+ Possession football is the best form of defence
+ Webster

City plus points

+ Clinical finishing x 4
+ Ederson prevented two big chances with a save and a diving interception
+ 5-1 to City for blocks in their own penalty area

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion plus points

+ Played our way out of the press (but City didn't tire of it)
+ Possession football is the best form of defence
+ Webster

City plus points

+ Clinical finishing x 4
+ Ederson prevented two big chances with a save and a diving interception
+ 5-1 to City for blocks in their own penalty area

Sorry Perseus, re possession football the two comparative results at City would suggest otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Understandably struggling with the step up imo

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's his 4th game ffs... and he scored in his first game. Can we relax a bit?

Or you could say he's only started two, one of which was against PL champions for the last two years and concede very few goals....the other played with ten men for two thirds of the game reducing opportunities to score

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slowly they all come crawling out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here