Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What are people's thoughts on him.

Very early days but apart from his well taken goal at Watford I think he's been pretty poor. Genuinely can't think of anything decent he's done. Barely touched it today.

Will give him at least 10 games but slightly concerned regarding his form

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don’t think he had much pre season with Brentford as there was all the transfer talk. I think we need to give him time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's hard to judge him when our midfielders seem incapable of playing a through ball.

That might be a little harsh, but - Propper had a shot when NM had made a great little run and could have had a tap in. Still it's early days, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things develop once the players have more experience playing together and have a better understanding.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I found one of his closing down runs very endearing in the second half. Locadia was much closer but didn’t seem bothered but Maupassant, who had been on the pitch for an hour + sprinted to close the defender down. I appreciated that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
That might be a little harsh, but - Propper had a shot when NM had made a great little run and could have had a tap in. Still it's early days, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things develop once the players have more experience playing together and have a better understanding.

I think once the team gels and Potter can work out his best eleven, we're going to see chances taken and attacking moves looking much more fluid.

I think eventually we're going to see Mooy replace Stephens. Not sure what's going to happen to Bissouma in relation to where he fits in once back from injury but it does seem that once the midfield starts clicking better, we'll start looking a lot more clinical. I thought both Propper and Stephens looked far more positive against West Ham than they did today. Stephens went back to his crab styled passing and Propper just didn't have that influence on the game which when he does, can set us apart from the opposition. Both midfielders looked poor going forward. Didn't they both have shots on goal very badly struck? It was our big weakness last season not having any command in midfield. Hopefully Mooy might be the difference?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think once the team gels and Potter can work out his best eleven, we're going to see chances taken and attacking moves looking much more fluid.

I think eventually we're going to see Mooy replace Stephens. Not sure what's going to happen to Bissouma in relation to where he fits in once back from injury but it does seem that once the midfield starts clicking better, we'll start looking a lot more clinical. I thought both Propper and Stephens looked far more positive against West Ham than they did today. Stephens went back to his crab styled passing and Propper just didn't have that influence on the game which when he does, can set us apart from the opposition. Both midfielders looked poor going forward. Didn't they both have shots on goal very badly struck? It was our big weakness last season not having any command in midfield. Hopefully Mooy might be the difference?

Funny how people see things differently. Although Propper had a couple of shots which should have been better I thought generally they were both pretty dominant and very good today.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Funny how people see things differently. Although Propper had a couple of shots which should have been better I thought generally they were both pretty dominant and very good today.

I wouldn't say they played badly, I just would like to see them play a bit more forward. There were a few times in the first half where Maupay made some decent runs but the through ball never came. Everything just went wide to either Wingback. Maybe the lack of telepathy between the new strikers and the midfielders could be the issues which you expect with all new signings so it's early doors but I won't lie, I'm very excited about Mooy and the influence he may have once he gets his chance.]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
8 more players to go and he's got the full set.

#LoyalSupporter
#NeverWrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The downside of Maupay as far as I can see is that he is very lightweight and easily brushed off the ball.

Early days and getting used to the speed of thought that PL players generally have...first game he’s started ...unfortunately you don’t have the luxury of loads of time to get used to things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here