Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agree with this, Matthew Benham will make Albion / TB pay through the nose for this chap!

Could he be worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm... if the player wants out, to play in PL with Albion, then there is little that Benham can do about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
All we have to do is persuade the player to come to us and then match any offer that's put in. His agent would no doubt demand than two offers of equal value were both accepted, and if the player wanted to come to us then that could force benhams hand. That said, the chance of this happening is little to none imo .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All we have to do is persuade the player to come to us and then match any offer that's put in. His agent would no doubt demand than two offers of equal value were both accepted, and if the player wanted to come to us then that could force benhams hand. That said, the chance of this happening is little to none imo .

You mean the Bloom / Brentford owner thing? I agree, I can’t see that being a major stumbling block if the player were to choose us and we were offering the same as the other club. But I guess we don’t know how deep the dislike is or how stubborn the Brentford owner is!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
You mean the Bloom / Brentford owner thing? I agree, I can’t see that being a major stumbling block if the player were to choose us and we were offering the same as the other club. But I guess we don’t know how deep the dislike is or how stubborn the Brentford owner is!

It's a shame really that we automatically seem to be out of the running when it comes to Brentford players, because they have a consistently good production line of talent and probably one of the best scouting networks in the country.

That said, would we be interested if bloom thought there was no hope of us getting a deal done? I doubt it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a shame really that we automatically seem to be out of the running when it comes to Brentford players, because they have a consistently good production line of talent and probably one of the best scouting networks in the country.

That said, would we be interested if bloom thought there was no hope of us getting a deal done? I doubt it

Yep, Brentford and Saints surely the best producers of decent players out of anyone in the country considering the resources etc. A lot of the big 6 talent is poached from other pro clubs.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
I like Maupay but isn't he just another Andone ?

Nope. He has that pest-like nature, but he likes to stay in goal scoring areas and is much more of a poacher, rather than Andone who is used to stretch defences. Bit of a big comparison,but I consider Maupay to be more of an Aguero-type player. Or more of a Chicharito, for a bottom half comparison

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here