Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trossard, Mooy, Propper will be perfect for playing Maupay through.

When was the last time we actually played a striker in like that and he actually scored?

I was going to say Murray at Palace, but, no. :lolol: Actually I can't remember it happening at all during the Amex era. Not in a league game.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was going to say Murray at Palace, but, no. :lolol: Actually I can't remember it happening at all during the Amex era. Not in a league game.

Not exactly the same since it was a counter, and not a striker, but still took a pacey run (and it took an excellent ball), and still one of my favorite goals in recent years ...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Murray was put through for a one on one, which he scored, against either Swansea or West Ham in our first season at the Prem at The Amex.

Dec 29, 2011
Not exactly the same since it was a counter, and not a striker, but still took a pacey run (and it took an excellent ball), and still one of my favorite goals in recent years ...

Forgot about Murphy, one of my favourite players at the time! Felt like Hughton didn't utilise him enough but it was irrelevant as we got promoted anyway.

Maupay looks like he could be our best signing in years. A 22 year old, with his head screwed on, and bagged 20 goals in the championship. He could go for big money in the future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol: come off it fellas Murray carried the ball for all of 3 feet. :lolol:

Before beautifully tucking it away.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
WTF was up with him today? Two golden opportunities fluffed. He's the last player I would have thought could do that, twice in how many minutes? :shrug:

I'm going to go ahead and say these exceptions will ultimately prove the rule.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
WTF was up with him today? Two golden opportunities fluffed. He's the last player I would have thought could do that, twice in how many minutes? :shrug:

Yeah but he got the opportunities.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
interesting that no one is saying the same about Trossard. He fluffed a much easier chance before his goal but because of that goal no one is mentioning it. I think if we had won no one would have mentioned it either.

Nothing to worry about.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
interesting that no one is saying the same about Trossard. He fluffed a much easier chance before his goal but because of that goal no one is mentioning it. I think if we had won no one would have mentioned it either.

Nothing to worry about.

I think its because Trossard had 3 big chances and scored 2 of them, Maupay scored 0.

On the topic itself Maupay looks a serious talent as expected and will bag 10-15 this season easily. Even if we go down he'll score that many.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he was already putting those away 85% of the time, he would be playing for Man City. He's made a good start and has every chance to get better here. We need a player who can usually put one of them away much like Murray has at this level. 15 goals a season in the Prem would be excellent please. Assuming he plays a large % of the minutes and isn't riding the bench all year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here