Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, where's that mojo thread?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3. Fully versed in the dark arts. He is really really going to upset opposition players and fans (got away with a lot at Brentford but the cameras will catch him in the EPL).
Mmm, don't like the sound of that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
shut up you tart

Wait until you see the wine bar in the North stand, It's got real rainbows over the tills, and all the staff wear pink rubber.

I haven't seen the finished article yet, but apparently the tills swing both ways.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Get rid of one cult hero Froggie and sign another one.

The balance of life is restored. :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is probably going to put a target on my back for all the naysayers, but I have it on good authority that the Neal Maupay signing is a done deal. I'm just passing on what I'm hearing, I have a lot of confidence in my sources, but I know people will think I'm making this up, but I'm not. Hearing it's a four year deal.

#itk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The Albion mojo is rising very nicely now - am really hoping we can secure another centre mid (that improves what we have) in the final 3 days of this window then the mojo will be through the roof !

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m loving all this positivity ! I caveat mine with the fact that Jurgen could probably score 15-20 in the championship whilst playing in an attacking side as a number 9 or 10.

Just saying.

This PL thingy really is a different ball game... don’t not let expectation and excitement cloud the harsh sea of reality.

Give him time, I beg you all.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I’m loving all this positivity ! I caveat mine with the fact that Jurgen could probably score 15-20 in the championship whilst playing in an attacking side as a number 9 or 10.

Just saying.

This PL thingy really is a different ball game... don’t not let expectation and excitement cloud the harsh sea of reality.

He'd score at least that. He's a very good finisher.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m loving all this positivity !
You are?
I caveat mine with the fact that Jurgen could probably score 15-20 in the championship whilst playing in an attacking side as a number 9 or 10.
Watching the goals he's scored for Brentford, I don't think he'll get the chance to score so many like that for us. He certainly wouldn't if Hughton was still here. A lot were scored from rebounds, and up until now we've just not been having the number of shots required, whilst having a spare striker in the box. That will hopefully change.

My expectations of him aren't particularly high. The fact is though, that he's the striker the club wanted, and they've got him, so I'm happy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sounds a nightly nasty player the type you hate when not yours . Seems to have the lot

Only concern is no real pre season

May take a while to get up to speed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mmm, don't like the sound of that.

I didn’t know that either but also just read a similar comment on BBS about him. Andone found out that you just can’t get away with that sort of stuff in the top flight so we’ll see. He also loves celebrating in front of opposition fans apparently - could be interesting if he does that against our northerly neighbours!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sounds a nightly nasty player the type you hate when not yours . Seems to have the lot

Only concern is no real pre season

May take a while to get up to speed

He’s young enough to play for u23s so possibly a couple of games for them first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here