Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Here are the lyrics to that song. Can anyone decipher the cryptic meaning?

They sat together in the park
As the evening sky grew dark
She looked at him and he felt a spark
Tingle to his bones
'Twas then he felt alone
And wished that he'd gone straight
And watched out for a simple twist of fate

They walked along by the old canal
A little confused, I remember well
And stopped into a strange hotel
With a neon burnin' bright
He felt the heat of the night
Hit him like a freight train
Moving with a simple twist of fate

A saxophone someplace far-off played
As she was walkin' on by the arcade
As we sold our star striker to the blue and whites
Where he was waking up
She dropped a coin into the cup
Of a blind man at the gate
And forgot about a simple twist of fate

He woke up, the room was bare
He didn't see her anywhere
He told himself he didn't care
Pushed the window open wide
Felt an emptiness inside
To which he just could not relate
Brought on by a simple twist of fate

He hears the ticking of the clocks
And walks along with a parrot that talks
Hunts her down by the waterfront docks
Where the sailors all come in
Maybe she'll pick him out again
How long must he wait?
One more time, for a simple twist of fate

People tell me it's a sin
To know and feel too much within
I still believe she was my twin
But I lost the ring
She was born in spring
But I was born too late
Blame it on a simple twist of fate

Personally I don't think even Dylan can decipher his own cryptic lyrics ! And I'm quite a fan too

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Frankly, I won't be upset if this one doesn't happen. I don't think we need him - it's just going to be an additional block to Andone and Locadia getting a chance in the side. I believe in both of them, as central strikers. I'm not interested in seeing either of them playing deeper or on the wing - they're both central strikers, lets give the boys a chance!

Maupay is required. Hes sharp as they say, we require his movement in our front 3 quite badly. On top of that he knows where the net is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frankly, I won't be upset if this one doesn't happen. I don't think we need him - it's just going to be an additional block to Andone and Locadia getting a chance in the side. I believe in both of them, as central strikers. I'm not interested in seeing either of them playing deeper or on the wing - they're both central strikers, lets give the boys a chance!

The Championship is fun, anyway.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
From "Banana" (who appears to be ITK on the Bees forum):

Originally Posted by PLE
I'm hearing Brighton deal is off couldn't agree personal terms rumours have it.
Don't shoot the messenger!!

Banana:

Absolutely no chance. And please don't copy shit from Twitter onto here. Please do a little research first. e.g. how many followers do they have, what are their previous tweets like etc.

Otherwise this place just becomes a junk dump for anyone with a Twitter account.

Personal terms were agreed weeks ago probably.

Let's wait and see first before throwing any dummies around.

Saying that, the bloke who broke it on there says he found out from his friend in the finance dept at BHA! F*ck nows what's going on!

Oh well, if it doesn't go through then we'll move onto our next target(s)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Maupay is required. Hes sharp as they say, we require his movement in our front 3 quite badly. On top of that he knows where the net is.

His distribution looks top class too. I doubt we've had many strikers in our history who can pass the ball as well as Maupay. I can see him threading through passes for March and Trossard to run onto, cut in and really test the oppositions defence. Looks like an essential signing to me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Not sure I agree with this. Maupay scored 25 with 8 assists in the league last season and would provide brilliant competition for Andone and Locadia (and the others for that matter).

He would be a great signing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This. With bells on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure I agree with this. Maupay scored 25 with 8 assists in the league last season and would provide brilliant competition for Andone and Locadia (and the others for that matter).

He would be a great signing.

I don't pretend to know enough about Maupay, to judge whether this is a great signing. What I do know, because I have EYES, is that Murray, Locadia and Andone does absolutely not give us enough options or quality, to be confident of our chances of scoring enough goals to stay up.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Bearing in mind the alleged animosity that exists between Benham and Bloom, has TB waited for Benham to buy Brentfords replacement striker before finding an excuse to back out of the deal for Maupay? He wouldn't...…...would he?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brentford owner getting some “revenge best served cold” satisfaction at somehow blocking this deal at the 11th hour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here