Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nope. He has that pest-like nature, but he likes to stay in goal scoring areas and is much more of a poacher, rather than Andone who is used to stretch defences. Bit of a big comparison,but I consider Maupay to be more of an Aguero-type player. Or more of a Chicharito, for a bottom half comparison

Having seen his 2018-19 goals video, he's very much Aguero-style.

I like the way he twats them in too. Those Amex nets will create a beautiful ripple.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I really hope this one happens. Would finally be taking a risk on a Championship star instead of our usual gamble. Does this show a change of strategy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh what the hell - West Ham now have a reported interest and as we're always coupled with them (and I'm bored) let's do this.

Start the clock NOW

Edit 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Maupay

https://www.transfermarkt.com/neal-maupay/profil/spieler/217115
He'd be a steal at £12m.

Edit 2

Edit 3

https://twitter.com/nealmaupay18 - 15+k followers.

Edit 4

4336.png

Edit 5

Each to their own

20190505-230914-29116.jpg

Last edited:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Where we not linked with him before he signed for Brentford? I`m sure i read on HITC on some other dodgy site that he turned us down as he wasn`t guaranteed first team and may even have ended up in the U23s.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I can't see this happening, I really want to see this happen but I don't. I think Andone could be our 'Aguero-style' striker, but given he likes a bit of red makes me wonder if he'll be 100% reliable. Or maybe it was frustration that he was getting game time and may make more of an appearance under Potter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having watched the highlights it's a definite no from me.

I counted 1 goal from outside the 6 yard box.
Imagine him playing for us last season, he'd either have been offside all game, or receiving the ball and shooting from the centre circle. :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't get past the chairmen being Arch Enemies.

Unless this deal is a peace offering of some sort.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Can't get past the chairmen being Arch Enemies.

Unless this deal is a peace offering of some sort.

Negotiations wouldn’t be chairman to chairman, they would be club to club. If the player wanted to come and we met their valuation then a deal could happen. They are business men at the end of the day and very successful at that.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Having watched the highlights it's a definite no from me.

I counted 1 goal from outside the 6 yard box.
Imagine him playing for us last season, he'd either have been offside all game, or receiving the ball and shooting from the centre circle. :facepalm:

I've got family who are Brentford season ticket holders and they think he is s**t.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got family who are Brentford season ticket holders and they think he is s**t.

Having received your first wry smile inducing reply, you've gotta admit this in joke can be quite enjoyable.

I'm hanging up my 'think he's shitehouse' hat, having gone full circle to the Knocky thread, but I'd hate to see this Dwayneism die out completely.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Having received your first wry smile inducing reply, you've gotta admit this in joke can be quite enjoyable.

I'm hanging up my 'think he's shitehouse' hat, having gone full circle to the Knocky thread, but I'd hate to see this Dwayneism die out completely.

Oh without a doubt, the one on the Knockaert thread was absoloute genius, and missed by most.

I was looking for us to be linked to some more exotic clubs than Brentford though for it to really land......Guangzhou Evergrande or something

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I recently attended a talk by Rasmus Ankersen, Director of Football at Brentford and Chairman at FC Midtjylland (also owned by Benham).

When it got to the Q&A section it took every sinew of my willpower not to ask him whether Neal Maupay was leaving this summer...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here