Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We’ll never sign a player from Brentford due to Chairman hatred. Time to move on.

Nonsense... let's say Sheff U offer £15M, we offer £18M... you really believe Benham would turn down £3M extra because he doesn't like Tony and vice versa... I don't, sorry... both of them are business men... both of them aren't as childish or stupid as you seem to think...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd think Sheffield United is where he'll end up. They seem to be taking the Cardiff City approach, of going for players who were good in the Championship last season, Maupay, and some guy who scored 14 goals for Preston. Cardiff went for the likes of Bobby Reid and one of the Murphys from Norwich. Neither of whom did anything.

I think the Blades will be better than Cardiff were, simply because Wilder's style is better suited to adapting at this level than Warnock's, but I do think they'll struggle nonetheless (probably after an unexpectedly buoyant start, a la Huddersfield in their first season).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd think Sheffield United is where he'll end up. They seem to be taking the Cardiff City approach, of going for players who were good in the Championship last season, Maupay, and some guy who scored 14 goals for Preston. Cardiff went for the likes of Bobby Reid and one of the Murphys from Norwich. Neither of whom did anything.

I think the Blades will be better than Cardiff were, simply because Wilder's style is better suited to adapting at this level than Warnock's, but I do think they'll struggle nonetheless (probably after an unexpectedly buoyant start, a la Huddersfield in their first season).

Well they have got Palarse first home game so maybe not totally unexpected

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nonsense... let's say Sheff U offer £15M, we offer £18M... you really believe Benham would turn down £3M extra because he doesn't like Tony and vice versa... I don't, sorry... both of them are business men... both of them aren't as childish or stupid as you seem to think...

It only needs one of them to be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Someone has put a fiver on....

Oddschanger

MARKET MOVER

Brighton are the new 5/4 favourites (from 8/1) to sign Brentford striker Neal Maupay.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
AK has shown he cannot produce it at Premier level consistently and perhaps Maupay can so is it not worth a gamble but not if Fulham are prepared to pay £15m for AK as is rumoured.

Rather have AK who’s capable of the occasional MOTM performances but overall inconsistent, than AJ who’s consistently shite.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF true, I wonder what formation would work best for him? He's what, 5' 7?
So not the mobile target man we're after (although he's quick, strong and a nuisance to defenders) so would we play 4-2-3-1 but with him sitting behind the target striker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here