Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Glenn Murray has , i think , only scored 1 goal from outside the box since coming back to Albion - v Aston Villa in 2016/2017.

Video (scores at 38 secs):

BBC live text Friday 18th November 2016:

45 minutes: Goal! Brighton and Hove Albion 1, Aston Villa 1. Glenn Murray (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Sam Baldock.

_92557759_murray_rex.jpg

Report:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37946486

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it matter from where a player scores a goal, be it 1 yd or 21 yds, the important figure is how many times he does it.

People take the micky but not for the fist time, nail, head, bang :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It seems that Championship players who scored over 20 goals last season are slowly making their way to the Premier League in time for next season, one way or another. There are only four out of nine left to make the leap.

1. Teemu Pukki 29 goals EPL Norwich City
2. Tammy Abraham 26 goals EPL Chelsea
3. Neal Maupay 25 goals EFL Brentford FC
4. Dwight Gayle 23 goals EFL WBA
5. Billy Sharp 23 goals EPL Sheffield Utd
6. Che Adams 22 goals EPL S’hampton
7. Jarrod Bowen 22 goals EFL Hull City
8. Oliver McBurnie22 goals EFL Swansea City
9. Jay Rodriguez 22 goals EPL Burnley

I’m pretty sure that Maupay is a dummy for us to sign to distract the media and get our real target (and his club) twitching. Now that AN is dead to the club, he was surely sold a red herring in his last week and has fittingly gutted, cooked and swallowed the fake lure. We clearly do not and will not do business with Brentford.

Of the other three Championships 20+ scorers from last season; Gayle has failed at Premier League level and can be seen as too much of a gamble (only Palace would contemplate signing him) where as Bowen is a winger, we have enough of those already thanks.

So there’s just one player left who’d be a realistic signing for us. I think Swansea will cave in and take the much needed cash as they grow paranoid about Brentford grabbing Tony’s big wad before they get their greedy little feathered paws on it!

Welcome to the Albion Oliver McBurnie (in about 2 weeks I reckon for £18mill).

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It seems that Championship players who scored over 20 goals last season are slowly making their way to the Premier League in time for next season, one way or another. There are only four out of nine left to make the leap.

I’m pretty sure that Maupay is a dummy for us to sign to distract the media and get our real target (and his club) twitching. Now that AN is dead to the club, he was surely sold a red herring in his last week and has fittingly gutted, cooked and swallowed the fake lure. We clearly do not and will not do business with Brentford.

Of the other three Championships 20+ scorers from last season; Gayle has failed at Premier League level and can be seen as too much of a gamble (only Palace would contemplate signing him) where as Bowen is a winger, we have enough of those already thanks.

So there’s just one player left who’d be a realistic signing for us. I think Swansea will cave in and take the much needed cash as they grow paranoid about Brentford grabbing Tony’s big wad before they get their greedy little feathered paws on it!

Welcome to the Albion Oliver McBurnie (in about 2 weeks I reckon for £18mill).

I can see your logic, but really hope you are wrong, never been impressed with McBurnie, yes he scored a few last season but always looks clumsy and seems to fall over all the time, i'd rather go with our existing strikers than waste ANY money on him.

Just my opinion, but if you are right, he will of course get my support at least until he falls over, about 10 minutes in true NSC fashion :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does it matter from where a player scores a goal, be it 1 yd or 21 yds, the important figure is how many times he does it.

Kind of. How many would he have scored in last season’s team. I think we created among the lowest amount of chances in the league. The ball simply wasn’t pin balling around the opposition penalty area enough for a player like him to fill his boots.

This could be a player who thrives with Potterball though, looks like he thrives off possession football. I’m still team McBurnie though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Dwight Gayle is back at Newcastle, he was only on loan at West Brom, but Stoke are being heavily linked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here