Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like he didn't play today or in yesterdays game for them. Based on info on the Brentford thread, someone saw him at Gatwick yesterday as he was going home again for a few days, when asked if he was leaving he said Yes.

It appears that it's between us and Villa for his signature. Sheff Utd focusing on McBurnie.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm not sure we need another shorty (at 5ft 7in) up front? If we are going to sign somebody up front I personally would prefer a taller hold up type player to take over from Murray.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
BBC text and The Sun mention Sheffield United and Villa no reference to the Albion.

When we people understand: we don't, as a general rule, buy strikers - or at least we appear to be in the market for them far less than most other teams. I'm resigned to it now but it's bloody annoying.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
When we people understand: we don't, as a general rule, buy strikers - or at least we appear to be in the market for them far less than most other teams. I'm resigned to it now but it's bloody annoying.

'When we people understand: we don't, as a general rule, buy strikers'................what ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It could be worse.

Newcastle a rumoured to be back in for Andy Carroll.

Given the choice I'd take Muzza all day long. :lol:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
'When we people understand: we don't, as a general rule, buy strikers'................what ?

I have to say a few weeks ago i was supremely confident that we would sign at least 1 if not 2 strikers by now. One being a land mark £25 -35m statement and another a championship acquisition. Clearly we knew last year an aging Murray could not continue playing 90 minutes at 36, Hemed is just not up to it and Andone does not look convincing. Don't even mention Locardia. I know there is still plenty of time but my confidence and that of friends is starting to get a little wobbly.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I have to say a few weeks ago i was supremely confident that we would sign at least 1 if not 2 strikers by now. One being a land mark £25 -35m statement and another a championship acquisition. Clearly we knew last year an aging Murray could not continue playing 90 minutes at 36, Hemed is just not up to it and Andone does not look convincing. Don't even mention Locardia. I know there is still plenty of time but my confidence and that of friends is starting to get a little wobbly.

Agreed, all other teams showing they mean business etc...us, well I'm not sure what we are showing but its certainly not what I thought wed be doing after scraping 17th place by the skin of our teeth.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed, all other teams showing they mean business etc...us, well I'm not sure what we are showing but its certainly not what I thought wed be doing after scraping 17th place by the skin of our teeth.

That’s simply not true though is it. Have you looked at the business done so far ? A few teams have gone mad with numbers - like Villa, but they had to as they lost a load of loanees at the end of the season.

Palace have signed Henderson on a free. That’s it.
Newcastle have signed nobody (and lost some)
Norwich and Sheff Utd have brought a few in but none look like worldbeaters
Watford have signed two and Saints three - none particularly inspiring

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
BBC text and The Sun mention Sheffield United and Villa no reference to the Albion.

Sheffield United have signed striker Lys Mousset for a club-record fee from Bournemouth.

(Not sure why. If he wasn't good enough for them why would he improve at Sheffield United?)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure about Maupay. A big worry that he couldn't step up a level.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It doesn’t help when the strikers we do buy can’t get work permits so they can’t actually play for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A permit for Percy - so he could replace AK - would certainly lift the mojo levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here