Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Oculus Go / Quest 2

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any more verdicts on the Quest 2?

My lad has saved up enough to buy one, and so wants one NOW. If it's not a good thing to buy, I'll need to re-buff him ASAP.

And, I know it was covered in part above, but is the 64gb too frustrating in terms of shuffling things off and on, or should we just get the 256gb?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As a non gamer who simply loves VR, I’ve found 64gb to be fine. Have downloaded quite a few apps/games and still have half the space left.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

My lad has saved up enough to buy one, and so wants one NOW. If it's not a good thing to buy, I'll need to re-buff him ASAP.

And, I know it was covered in part above, but is the 64gb too frustrating in terms of shuffling things off and on, or should we just get the 256gb?

It's a great thing yes. Lots of variation in games from single player shoot 'em ups similar to Call of Duty etc to beautiful puzzle solving games. Also lots of people to play against online with some games. The Star Wars games are very good if that's his thing.

I have the 64GB version with about 15 or 20 things loaded on it but what you can do is offload games if you don't play them very much and your saved data is stored on the cloud ready for when you reload the game.

I have a feeling the next generation will come soon so the OQ2 might become cheaper but you might want to look into that.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

I have the 256GB version and it's full up. Once you get into SideQuest it fills up quickly.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I have the 256GB version and it's full up. Once you get into SideQuest it fills up quickly.

How many of those games do you play regularly though?

It's also worth noting that if you don't like a game bought from Oculus then you can get a refund if it hasn't been played for more than 2 hours and within 2 weeks.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
How many of those games do you play regularly though?

It's also worth noting that if you don't like a game bought from Oculus then you can get a refund if it hasn't been played for more than 2 hours and within 2 weeks.

I play regularly. If you want to upload movies to watch in Skybox or songs to play in Tribe DJ then you need the extra space

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I play regularly. If you want to upload movies to watch in Skybox or songs to play in Tribe DJ then you need the extra space

Ah yes I guess it depends what you want to do with it. I can't watch films in the headset, I just play games or watch short 360 degree videos.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Quick bounce on this thread...

I haven't been able to use my 64gb Quest 2 due to motion sickness...

Not sure if it's ok to post but if anyone wants a virtually brand new one boxed with 6 games for £200 can you pm me...

The only thing I'm not sure about is how the games can be transferred...Other than that it's a mint condition unit...cheers

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

Quick bounce on this thread...

I haven't been able to use my 64gb Quest 2 due to motion sickness...

Not sure if it's ok to post but if anyone wants a virtually brand new one boxed with 6 games for £200 can you pm me...

The only thing I'm not sure about is how the games can be transferred...Other than that it's a mint condition unit...cheers

Unfortunately I don't think games can't be transferred or sold with the headset. The only way to sell the games with the headset is to let the new owner have your Facebook log in details. It's the only downside of the whole system, you can't use the games on it as an incentive for buyers.

You have to reset the thing to factory settings before you sell.

By the way, I sold mine for £280 as there's not many about right now. Also get it sold soon because the 128GB version is coming out soon for the same price as the 64GB.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here