Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Oculus Go / Quest 2

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Bought a Quest 2 yesterday so am looking forward to seeing if it’s money well spent. Will definitely be buying the Star Wars game.
Does anyone know if Rift games etc can be viewed on the Q2? Quite fancy looking at the Twin Peaks immersive game.

How is it going? Pleased with it? Anything you don't like?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Don’t want to be a party pooper but got terrible motion sickness after using mine for the first time....

Lasted till I got some pills from the docs....

They settled it down & tried again after purchasing Eleven Table Tennis (an amazing game btw)...

The second wave of sickness lasted a day then eased, so I’m hoping it wears off as you get used to the VR...

It would be a shame if I couldn’t keep coz the problem won’t go away...If anyone knows any more on cures or prevention if they could let me know that would be great....

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Don’t want to be a party pooper but got terrible motion sickness after using mine for the first time....

They settled it down & tried again after purchasing Eleven Table Tennis (an amazing game btw)...

The second wave of sickness lasted a day then eased, so I’m hoping it wears off as you get used to the VR...

It would be a shame if I couldn’t keep coz the problem won’t go away...If anyone knows any more on cures or prevention if they could let me know that would be great....
Are there any picture settings for the headset?
I have no experience of the VR but I know some people that can get motion sickness from 1st person shooters but can play modern warfare because by turning off motion blur and film grain(which is there to create a bit of realism)they get a crisper image and don't suffer with the motion sickness.
I wonder if this would help with VR?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

I saw one review that said instances of motion sickness should be less with the OQ2 due to the better refresh rate and general improvements all round. I suppose it won't entirely go for some unfortunately.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Arrived!

I’m no gamer. Never have been, and never will be, and I’m not a purchaser of exuberant items. In fact I’ve never paid more than £28 for a pair of jeans... but I have not been able to put this down (but I’ve had to as the motion sickness is a real thing if you’re not used to it!!)

Downloaded a few demos (Creed - genuinely thought I was going to get thumped) and a couple of games (Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Vader Immortal... tremendous fun wielding a light sabre!)
Even the tutorial has the wow factor.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Arrived!

I’m no gamer. Never have been, and never will be, and I’m not a purchaser of exuberant items. In fact I’ve never paid more than £28 for a pair of jeans... but I have not been able to put this down (but I’ve had to as the motion sickness is a real thing if you’re not used to it!!)

Downloaded a few demos (Creed - genuinely thought I was going to get thumped) and a couple of games (Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Vader Immortal... tremendous fun wielding a light sabre!)
Even the tutorial has the wow factor.

Brilliant news mate, cheers!

Will be ordering mine soon.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Brilliant news mate, cheers!

Will be ordering mine soon.

If you've got an Amazon Prime account, there's an app for that too which is quite good. A Sky Sports one too which is good for watching live football on what feels like a MASSIVE screen.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
And my youngest daughter got to explore the rings of Saturn, with Space all around her.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
If you've got an Amazon Prime account, there's an app for that too which is quite good. A Sky Sports one too which is good for watching live football on what feels like a MASSIVE screen.

Bugger, literally just ordered from Oculus website as they were the only ones that can deliver early Jan. Can you use the app without ordering the Oculus from them?

Mind you I don't subscribe to Sky sports...

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Bugger, literally just ordered from Oculus website as they were the only ones that can deliver early Jan. Can you use the app without ordering the Oculus from them?

Yet...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

I also ordered from Oculus direct, and the app was downloadable from the store once I put the headset on.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Everyone with the Quest...don't forget about SideQuest at https://sidequestvr.com

Also, don't forget about the possibility of using Virtual Desktop and connecting to the PC wirelessly so you can use Steam VR and Rift games without using a lead.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It's come!

Before putting it on charge I did the setting up and had a quick look at some YouTube VR videos and it looks very good. I think I was expecting a bit too much because it's not quite as good as an HDTV screen because at the end of the day your eyes are right in front of two little screens that don't have the definition of an HDTV.

Looks like some good stuff on Oculus TV too.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Everyone with the Quest...don't forget about SideQuest at https://sidequestvr.com

Also, don't forget about the possibility of using Virtual Desktop and connecting to the PC wirelessly so you can use Steam VR and Rift games without using a lead.

Just discovered SideQuest - looks like a lot of potential now they’ve made it easy to upload without a computer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And my youngest daughter got to explore the rings of Saturn, with Space all around her.

Did you manage to get a good look at Uranus?

(I had literally no choice, sorry.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here