Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Waitrose trials packaging free food..

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Surely they don't have much free food to package though? They'll go bust very quickly if they carry that malarkey on very long.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
could just return to paper bag, or glass, tin or even reusable plastic jars for such products.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well yes, good on Waitrose - But this only really a thing if you shop in supermarkets, abandon Tesco et al, use your greengrocer and butcher. You'll get better, fresher stuff and you'll be using a lot less plastic...

For locals, Open Market in London Road is your friend here. As are the many wondrous independent food shops in the immediate vicinity. Value non-supermarket foodie heaven! :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
For locals, Open Market in London Road is your friend here. As are the many wondrous independent food shops in the immediate vicinity. Value non-supermarket foodie heaven! :thumbsup:

Yup, I use Fiveways Fruits. Pick the fruit and veg you want and put it in a brown paper bag. Walk back home, put the food in the vegetable rack or fruit bowl or whatever, and put the paper bag in the recycling.

I should point out though that the shop isn't as cheap as ASDA; and whilst I'm not rich, I can afford to do this. An option which isn't necessarily available to people on low incomes..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why not provide tables and chairs,just eat in store.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well yes, good on Waitrose - But this only really a thing if you shop in supermarkets, abandon Tesco et al, use your greengrocer and butcher. You'll get better, fresher stuff and you'll be using a lot less plastic...

Perhaps they could adjust their opening hours to suit .....i’d buy

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Which is top advice of your local greengrocer (if you have one) fits in with your 21st century shift pattern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here