Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What have you got on your sandwiches today?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry I missed you out of The Weakest Link call up! Are you up for it? I'll make meat paste sandwiches.

No, sorry, it’s ‘er indoors’ birthday. A shame as rancid mechanically recovered meat is my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sandwich............................. Oh yes, I remember.

Not had one at work for years.
Salad every day!
(With spicy bean salad to make it a bit more interesting)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
White fish, sabel, capers, onions, and cream cheese

Had no idea what sabel is, so I looked it up

(anatomy) The abdomen or belly, or that part of the body between the thorax and the pelvis.
(zoology) The posterior section of the body, behind the thorax, in insects, crustaceans, and other Arthropoda

Delicious :drool:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I guess it must be along those lines, yeah. But I'm sure she called it something else. Probably just a fancy name for it.

EDIT: Just asked her. Frijolemole apparently. (Mexican bean puree)

Last edited:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Mrs Crodo usually does my sandwiches for work but she had a pilates class this morning so was in a bit of a rush, we were on holiday with Samantha Bond last week and haven't done a proper shop. I rummaged the kitchen cupboards and found some trusty beef paste, not had one of these in years, delicious and good for you.

:drool:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

This is spooky. I was having this same conversation with Helen Mirren and the cast of Dallas whilst we were sitting by the infinity pool overlooking the Baja California last week.

Cheese and Ham on wholegrain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As in, your lunch IS a scotch egg? Or your sandwiches have a sliced scotch egg in them?

I did exactly that last week, for the first time. Sliced scotch egg, with a little branston pickle, in thick granary bread. Absolute WINNER.

Hmmmm interesting.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Scottish smoked salmon with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of Sicilian lemon. The bread was waitrose sourdough. I was debating whether to add some watercress but decided against. Very nice. Tomorrow will probably go for a fresh salt beef bagel with American mustard and pickle from bagel man . Poppy seed bagel and lightly toasted of course.

Never had a meat paste from a jar - looks like something you would perhaps feed to your cat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bread and pull it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs Crodo usually does my sandwiches for work but she had a pilates class this morning so was in a bit of a rush, we were on holiday with Samantha Bond last week and haven't done a proper shop. I rummaged the kitchen cupboards and found some trusty beef paste, not had one of these in years, delicious and good for you.

:drool:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Christ on a bike. I saw that pink shite dripping out of a load of animal bones in a crusher one time. It is called 'rendered'. It is the stuff that even flies can't be bothered to lay maggot-forming eggs in, because there is something more nutritious, like a cat turd, reasonably nearby.

But since you're asking, it was salmon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the weekend we had gammon roasted in honey and cider and had some left so that is the answer to my sandwich filling albeit at home. It was in my cheese and sin dried tomato bread (Tesco packet).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Christ on a bike. I saw that pink shite dripping out of a load of animal bones in a crusher one time. It is called 'rendered'. It is the stuff that even flies can't be bothered to lay maggot-forming eggs in, because there is something more nutritious, like a cat turd, reasonably nearby.

But since you're asking, it was salmon.

Isn't that a cheap Tesco version of L'Abattoir!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here