Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

el punal

Well here we are about to embark on our third season in the Premier League, having survived the dreaded second season syndrome - just! Optimistically, I’m looking forward to the 2019/20 term with Graham Potter in charge. Perhaps it’s the thought of watching a more expansive and entertaining brand of football, I hope so.

While we’re awaiting the dates for fixtures for the new season I’m looking at which away matches take my fancy. They are :

Norwich City - for some weird reason I’ve never managed to see the Albion play there, hopefully this will be rectified in the coming months.

Sheffield United - the last time I was there was an FA Cup game back in the mid-1980s. The coldest I’ve been watching a match. Haven’t been to see Wednesday either, so a trip to the Steel City is now on the cards.

Liverpool - now European Champions. Wouldn’t it be great if we turned them over at Anfield - fat chance! Of all the top six clubs they still, despite what some say, have the most passionate fans and create a cracking atmosphere.

So that’s my pick of the bunch, what’s yours?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've never been to Norwich to watch Brighton either which is strange as we are often in the same division and the train from Liverpool St is really easy. I was also at the Sheffield United match it was indeed absolutely freezing!
Anyway, to answer your original question; Norwich, Spurs and Arsenal

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Sheffield United - I like Sheffield
Newcastle - last year’s favourite for me, only partly to do with an unlikely away win.
West Ham - fancy pants stadium and easy to get to.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sheffield Utd - new ground for me
Newcastle - weekend away
Spurs - went last season but would like to go there on a Saturday.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Well here we are about to embark on our third season in the Premier League, having survived the dreaded second season syndrome - just! Optimistically, I’m looking forward to the 2019/20 term with Graham Potter in charge. Perhaps it’s the thought of watching a more expansive and entertaining brand of football, I hope so.

While we’re awaiting the dates for fixtures for the new season I’m looking at which away matches take my fancy. They are :

Norwich City - for some weird reason I’ve never managed to see the Albion play there, hopefully this will be rectified in the coming months.

Sheffield United - the last time I was there was an FA Cup game back in the mid-1980s. The coldest I’ve been watching a match. Haven’t been to see Wednesday either, so a trip to the Steel City is now on the cards.

Liverpool - now European Champions. Wouldn’t it be great if we turned them over at Anfield - fat chance! Of all the top six clubs they still, despite what some say, have the most passionate fans and create a cracking atmosphere.

So that’s my pick of the bunch, what’s yours?

Another 1 for Sheffield United & was also at the FA Cup game in '87. And you're right it was bloody freezing.

Palace, just because it's Palace.

Charlton / Brentford in FA Cup (wishful thinking).

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
No new grounds for me anymore. I’ll do most of the away games, but the 3 picks for me would be:

1. Sheffield United
2. Aston Villa
3. Newcastle (fixture date permitting)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whatever away(s) happen between 18th and 31st September, when I have some free time in the UK. Please not Palace.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sheffield United - new ground
Burnley - What's not to like about time travel back to the 1950s and wooden seats
Newcastle United - I'm already in training for the climb to the away section in case it's one of the early games

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'm not bothering with Palace this time. Too much shit. Looking forward to Sheffield because I've got mates there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had a season off aways last season. Want to start taking my lad to a few to build up his points so the real answer is anywhere I can get a ticket for him. No doubt Mrs GB will want him to go to a nice local one but we’ll struggle on his points so I might subject him to a Northern shithole :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Newcastle (if a Saturday)
Man City
Spurs

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I take this opportunity, away from the stigma of asking nearer game time, to ask about traveling away.

Now he's 14 (15 during the season) and Lil Miss Stat is now otherwise occupied, I'd like us to start going to away games, preferably by train definitely on the cheap.

There doesn't seem to be a railcard that I could use to take the edge off.
I understand booking early is my friend, which is the best site?

Any general help from our away posse would be appreciated.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sheff Utd - Only ground in league I have not been to
Spurs - Went to the game in April but would like to go there on a Saturday 3pm
Norwich - Been there but not for a while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills