Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

0 Not allowed!
    Well here we are about to embark on our third season in the Premier League, having survived the dreaded second season syndrome - just! Optimistically, Iím looking forward to the 2019/20 term with Graham Potter in charge. Perhaps itís the thought of watching a more expansive and entertaining brand of football, I hope so.

While weíre awaiting the dates for fixtures for the new season Iím looking at which away matches take my fancy. They are :

Norwich City - for some weird reason Iíve never managed to see the Albion play there, hopefully this will be rectified in the coming months.

Sheffield United - the last time I was there was an FA Cup game back in the mid-1980s. The coldest Iíve been watching a match. Havenít been to see Wednesday either, so a trip to the Steel City is now on the cards.

Liverpool - now European Champions. Wouldnít it be great if we turned them over at Anfield - fat chance! Of all the top six clubs they still, despite what some say, have the most passionate fans and create a cracking atmosphere.

So thatís my pick of the bunch, whatís yours?
    Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I've never been to Norwich to watch Brighton either which is strange as we are often in the same division and the train from Liverpool St is really easy. I was also at the Sheffield United match it was indeed absolutely freezing!
      Anyway, to answer your original question; Norwich, Spurs and Arsenal
      To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die...

0 Not allowed!
      Sheffield United - I like Sheffield
      Newcastle - last year’s favourite for me, only partly to do with an unlikely away win.
      West Ham - fancy pants stadium and easy to get to.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Sheffield Utd - new ground for me
      Newcastle - weekend away
      Spurs - went last season but would like to go there on a Saturday.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well here we are about to embark on our third season in the Premier League, having survived the dreaded second season syndrome - just! Optimistically, I’m looking forward to the 2019/20 term with Graham Potter in charge. Perhaps it’s the thought of watching a more expansive and entertaining brand of football, I hope so.

While we’re awaiting the dates for fixtures for the new season I’m looking at which away matches take my fancy. They are :

Norwich City - for some weird reason I’ve never managed to see the Albion play there, hopefully this will be rectified in the coming months.

Sheffield United - the last time I was there was an FA Cup game back in the mid-1980s. The coldest I’ve been watching a match. Haven’t been to see Wednesday either, so a trip to the Steel City is now on the cards.

Liverpool - now European Champions. Wouldn’t it be great if we turned them over at Anfield - fat chance! Of all the top six clubs they still, despite what some say, have the most passionate fans and create a cracking atmosphere.

So that’s my pick of the bunch, what’s yours?
      Another 1 for Sheffield United & was also at the FA Cup game in '87. And you're right it was bloody freezing.

Palace, just because it's Palace.

Charlton / Brentford in FA Cup (wishful thinking).

0 Not allowed!
      No new grounds for me anymore. I’ll do most of the away games, but the 3 picks for me would be:

1. Sheffield United
      2. Aston Villa
      3. Newcastle (fixture date permitting)
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

0 Not allowed!
      Sheff Utd, B'muff and Palace.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Southampton
      Norwich
      Spurs

0 Not allowed!
      Whatever away(s) happen between 18th and 31st September, when I have some free time in the UK. Please not Palace.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Whatever away(s) happen between 18th and 31st September, when I have some free time in the UK. Please not Palace.
      Think you may be disappointed if you are looking to attend a game on 31st September
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18