Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Newcastle is probably the only one I'll end up doing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Palace. As others have mentioned, with all that ringfenced money, their spanking new stadium will surely be ready for the start of next season, and I can’t wait to visit and decide whether it’s better than Spurs’ effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
For me it has to be Sheff Utd, Villa and Norwich.

Sheff Utd is the only ground I haven't been to yet. Any away day in Brum is pretty easy and good fun.

Fancy an away weekend in Newcastle, hopefully with a local Parkrun in the morning :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Whichever matches fall between 13th-28th December when I'm back in England.

I think Villa Park, St Mary's, Stamford Bridge and Selhurst Park are the only grounds I've been to. I'd be happy to visit any of the others, with the exception of Burnley, no desire to go there.

Spurs would probably be my number 1 choice.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have to thank the Norwich stewards and police for not arresting/ejecting me when we played there on a Tuesday night a few years ago when I was absolutely slaughtered.

We did a massive pub crawl and had a pint in every Wetherspoons/CAMRA/tempting pub near the ground along the River Wensum.

What I do remember is pissing against a wall of Carrow Road just before kick off, standing on a seat which is bloody dangerous for someone as drunk as I was and smoking when it was banned.

All in all, a great away trip with (too) many decent pubs. Also an ex lives there now that was the best sh@gs I've ever had. :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me it has to be Sheff Utd, Villa and Norwich.

Sheff Utd is the only ground I haven't been to yet. Any away day in Brum is pretty easy and good fun.

Fancy an away weekend in Newcastle, hopefully with a local Parkrun in the morning :)

Toon parkrun is really good, but get near the front for the start as there is a gate after a couple of hundred yards, a real pinch-point. Big turn-out, about 800 when I did it.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Toon parkrun is really good, but get near the front for the start as there is a gate after a couple of hundred yards, a real pinch-point. Big turn-out, about 800 when I did it.

Yes, remember the gate when I did it a few years back when we played them in the Championship. Nice and flat though.

I also discover Wylam Brewery in the same park :)

el punal

I have to thank the Norwich stewards and police for not arresting/ejecting me when we played there on a Tuesday night a few years ago when I was absolutely slaughtered.

We did a massive pub crawl and had a pint in every Wetherspoons/CAMRA/tempting pub near the ground along the River Wensum.

What I do remember is pissing against a wall of Carrow Road just before kick off, standing on a seat which is bloody dangerous for someone as drunk as I was and smoking when it was banned.

All in all, a great away trip with (too) many decent pubs. Also an ex lives there now that was the best sh@gs I've ever had. :wink:

Far, far too much information . . . how is Delia, by the way? :D

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Breaking news . Aldershot win the Agm Cup and stay up as Gateshead lose appeal and will play in Conference North next season.

Gets rid of a hotel stay for the players around Gateshead for the majority of teams (which are southern). Around £3k for a National League side is a fair whack.

Are you elated, relieved or just hoping next season is better, atfc village?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Breaking news . Aldershot win the Agm Cup and stay up as Gateshead lose appeal and will play in Conference North next season.

Will make the odd pilgrimage next season. My first home was in St Augustine's Close. It was a Saturday in March 1969 that I was born in Frimley. Shots weren't playing that day. I wonder if they were due to play Swindon Town who beat Arsenal at Wembley in the League Cup Final.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Palace obviously
Sheff Utd - only PL stadium I haven’t been to.
Spurs - best stadium in the country

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spurs as didn't go last season. Would prefer it to be a midweek evening match as well with my office being a 10 minute walk to the ground :thumbsup:

Plus Norwich and Saints as not yet been to those 2 grounds either.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Gets rid of a hotel stay for the players around Gateshead for the majority of teams (which are southern). Around £3k for a National League side is a fair whack.

Are you elated, relieved or just hoping next season is better, atfc village?

Happy for the club,but gutted myself we deserved to go down and was looking to NLS . Still Stockport and Chorley new grounds for me,but still the arse of a trip to Yeovil :lolol: I still have visions of Doc Talbot laying in front of the last Hopper bus back to Yeovil for last Train back up the line . About 100 Brighton trying to get on a 20 seater bus ,shambles .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm getting too old to do a weekend in Newcastle! So I'm glad you've stayed up. Hopefully the fixture date is kind and can do the traditional stop-off in Guildford before going to the Recreation to watch Barnet. :thumbsup:

I feel sorry for Gateshead but at least they're in the NLN so they can cut down on their travelling and they'll be back I'm sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here