Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Kamara

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
What would be a good division from which to buy Premier League standard footballers?
Obviously it's not The Premier League - Harry Maguire £85m.

We already know it's impossible to buy them in Holland.
Belgium is just a poor man's Holland.
Spain has no depth.
Germany ditto.
Scotchland is just monkey tennis.
France is monkey tennis against a wall.
Italy is just well... ...Italian.
South Africa - can't even get in the door.
Argentina - full of Jocko's

It's almost as if, if you're plying your trade in The World's Greatest League buying players away from that bubble has some form of inherent risk.

Spain has a shed load of great players who would make the grade for us knocking around teams outside the top 4. Just look at Betis and Getafe this season!

Just show them some videos from January onwards and what technically gifted player wouldn't want to come and lump the ball up to the big man?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another season of CH in the Premier League would have been unbearable. The negativity absolutely stank imo. Let’s get relegated a la Fulham rather than a la Boro, if it has to happen..well for me anyway. I HATED the last three months of last season.

Can you even contemplate another season of 10 behind the ball and Murray upfront on his own?

Bring on the risk with an unproven manager and entertainment

I don’t go to the football being happy to come home pissed off and looking for a reason to avoid going to the next game.

If the Albion trotted out on 11.08 with Murray up top, I may well have lost my shite.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
All true of course. But don't you find yourself questioning why bigger Scottish clubs aren't looking at Kamara if he really is good enough to make a step up?

They are using Rangers as a stepping stone, same as any player coming to us will use us as a stepping stone. They are at Rangers so if they stay in Scotland only a move to Celtic is an upwards move and I really dont think any player at Rangers would go to Celtic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the Albion trotted out on 11.08 with Murray up top, I may well have lost my shite.

Murray up top on his own is a no-no but with players in support would work for me. He could really thrive on decent service even now imo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like that time we had our tallest player from Midfield up, Harry Kane, taking penalties even though A)He wasn't good at taking penalties and it was obvious, and B) There was nobody in the box to get on the end of them.

I liked Roy for that.

I assume you meant Harry Kane taking corners. Nobody else is allowed in the box to get on the end of a penalty (unless you're attempting a Henry/Pires clusterfook).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a part of me which thinks we're preparing for the possibility of relegation. Maybe "evolving" the team with a few additions that may be competitive at this level but that would almost certainly be competitive in the Championship.
Why would Tony actively seek to return to his annual £30 million loss in the Championship ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would Tony actively seek to return to his annual £30 million loss in the Championship ?

Tony Bloom has placed his bet.

Unbelievably there are Albion fans doubting his gamble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think he's actively seeking it. I do think he's preparing for it.

Not even preparing but willing to take the risk to get back to playing quality football. If I ever hear “these are a good team” again it will be too soon :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would argue believably. As, thus far, it looks ****.

That's your prerogative.

I, on the other hand, look at Mr Bloom placing a multi million pound bet and think:-

'F**k me I'd look a right wally betting against that'. :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rangers have another defender I prefer. Goldson or something ? Hearing good things.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That's your prerogative.

I, on the other hand, look at Mr Bloom placing a multi million pound bet and think:-

'F**k me I'd look a right wally betting against that'. :lol:

Another indication of Tony's acumen will be where Chris Hughton ends up. My suspicion is he will get plenty of decent Championship job offers, but none in the Premier League, As that would be to big a gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here