Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Kamara

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tav and Kam... I'm in...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think it is that easy.

Kamara is an Arsenal Academy 'graduate' , released, signed by Dundee and subsequently by Rangers effective from January of this season past. I can't see Rangers agreeing to sell him at this point in time as they look to reign in Celtic's hold on the Scottish Premiership. Perhaps, depending upon events, they may do at some time in the future but I would be astonished if they sold him at this juncture in time.

What is he like, well think about Liam Bridcutt but probably a level or two up from there, he is able to hold the ball and wrong foot the opposition with Cruyff like turns and can see the killer pass !

He is bloody good !

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it is that easy.

Kamara is an Arsenal Academy 'graduate' , released, signed by Dundee and subsequently by Rangers effective from January of this season past. I can't see Rangers agreeing to sell him at this point in time as they look to reign in Celtic's hold on the Scottish Premiership. Perhaps, depending upon events, they may do at some time in the future but I would be astonished if they sold him at this juncture in time.

What is he like, well think about Liam Bridcutt but probably a level or two up from there, he is able to hold the ball and wrong foot the opposition with Cruyff like turns and can see the killer pass !

He is bloody good !
You seem to be writing from the standpoint of 'lil old Brighton' trying to get a player from one of the European giants.

If the Albion want a player from Rangers there's fook all Rangers can do about it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
You seem to be writing from the standpoint of 'lil old Brighton' trying to get a player from one of the European giants.

If the Albion want a player from Rangers there's fook all Rangers can do about it.

Perhaps so !

Following todays International V Bosnia Herzegovinia (Sp)

Recent Quotes (Finnish relating to national team I believe )

Starts

Simo Tura: Glen Kamara has been by far the best player of today.

Mikko Aaltonen: Kamara is an upcoming TOP-4 key player. And Finnish. That is what I enjoy.

Lalli Väänänen said Fact is that Glen Kamara is the world's best footballer.

Aleksi Valavuori: It seems to my eye that Glen Kamara could play in any of the TOP5 League's relatively important roles. Just a hell of a good player!

Marko Kallionpää: Glen Kamara is a gold nugget for this team.

Jhonata Souza: Teemu Pukki is the main player in Finland, but Glen Kamara is the heart and balance point of the team

Glen Kamara against Bosnia-Herzegovina today:

Pass Succession: 93.1%
Big chances created: 1
Assists: 1
Tackle Succession: 66% (2)
Duels won: 100% (9!)
Successful dribbles: 100% (1)@GlenKamara4 #glenkamara #stormsportsx #rangersfc #rfc #finland

7:57 PM - Jun 8, 2019

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps the potential replacement for 1 of Pröpper, Stephens or King Kayal in the 25 ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the potential replacement for 1 of Pröpper, Stephens or King Kayal in the 25 ???

I will be genuinely shocked if we ship Stephens out. Kayal is a squad player who may get more chances and Propper I would hate to lose, but accept that he’ll be off if Ajax want him and are willing to pay top dollar.

We do need more midfield options though even if all three and Bissouma stay.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless moves are afoot to clean out the alleged drinking culture in the squad... we could be seeing Stephens, Duffy and Knockaert leaving if rumours are to be believed

Not something I was aware of tbh. I’ve heard about the alleged drinking culture but not the potential player purge.

This sounds more like revolution than the alleged evolution :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless moves are afoot to clean out the alleged drinking culture in the squad... we could be seeing Stephens, Duffy and Knockaert leaving if rumours are to be believed
Seems to a big overlap between the alleged *Must be highest earner* group, and the alleged *Booze Brothers* group ? ???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is interesting how the Jock press have twisted Glen II’s words to either say he is likely off ski or the very opposite... personally I think if we want him to sign, then he will sign...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

Not something I was aware of tbh. I’ve heard about the alleged drinking culture but not the potential player purge.

This sounds more like revolution than the alleged evolution :smile:

Sorry... to be clear, I haven't heard about a purge, though I have been told the club are aware and are going to deal with it. I've heard no rumours about a purge

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It is interesting how the Jock press have twisted Glen II’s words to either say he is likely off ski or the very opposite... personally I think if we want him to sign, then he will sign...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers wont allow him to leave now IMO !

Rangers signed him on a pre contract agreement in December (?) last year but, on the basis that Dundee knew he was going to go, agreed an immediate deal for him to join Rangers for £50,000 yes £50 grand on a four and half year deal. - the deal of the century perhaps !

So what would Rangers let him go for - let me think ????

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rangers wont allow him to leave now IMO !

Rangers signed him on a pre contract agreement in December (?) last year but, on the basis that Dundee knew he was going to go, agreed an immediate deal for him to join Rangers for £50,000 yes £50 grand on a four and half year deal. - the deal of the century perhaps ! So what would Rangers let him go for - let me see ?
Rangers record fee paid is £12m for Flo and recieved is £9m for Hutton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_Scotland#Record_transfer_fees_received

The Albion now shat that kind of money out before breakfast.

Is they really want Kamara they can have him whenever they so wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here