Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Kamara

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He has very good ball control, no doubt about that, and he is clearly punching in a league below his weight and making the opposition look poor. He needs to step up a league for his own career.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why would Tony actively seek to return to his annual £30 million loss in the Championship ?

To keep some of our more discerning NSC contributors happy.

8 More games. More evening games, less Sky interference, More entertaining games. Surely that's worth £30 million of somebody elses money ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is he any good? If it's true GP likes him, then I'm in...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Another indication of Tony's acumen will be where Chris Hughton ends up. My suspicion is he will get plenty of decent Championship job offers, but none in the Premier League, As that would be to big a gamble.

I think that CH will be back in PL as the guy teams will go to when staring relegation in the face, I think he would be smart to bide his time and wait for a call around December or January.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is. A talkSport classic clip along with the Geordie crying about how many goals Micky Quinn scored for Newcastle and Alan Brazil asking someone how Bob Monkhouse was when he’d been dead for a few years already.

"How is Bob's health these days ?"
"Err...he died, Alan"
"Sorry ? Oh... I meant how WAS his health. I heard different things"

Brazil: "I was very sad to hear yesterday about the death of Inspector Morse, TV's John Shaw."
Parry: "John Thaw, Alan."
Brazil: "Do you know, I've been doing that all morning. John, if you're listening, sorry mate."

Brazil: "Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don’t forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith’s..."

Brazil (on Fergie): "The man is United through and through - cut him and he bleeds red."

Brazil: "One moment I'm playing football and the next - whack - I wake up in hospital unconscious."

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'll always be sceptical of players from Scotland. Back in the day, Scotland produced world class players and this reflected well on their league. Nowadays Scotland are shite and their league is shite (look at their European record). Oh and look at Conor Goldson - seemingly highly regarded at Rangers, but nowhere near the required level in the Premier league (and I liked Conor Goldson!).

In 78 Scotland had one of, if not the best team ever to leave these islands for a World Cup.

And they buggered it up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those same players were good enough to keep us in the Premier League both times of asking though.

Yes and when they were 23, or younger, they were only good enough for League 1 or the Championship!!

It's almost as if young footballers can get better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"How is Bob's health these days ?"
"Err...he died, Alan"
"Sorry ? Oh... I meant how WAS his health. I heard different things"

Brazil: "I was very sad to hear yesterday about the death of Inspector Morse, TV's John Shaw."
Parry: "John Thaw, Alan."
Brazil: "Do you know, I've been doing that all morning. John, if you're listening, sorry mate."

Brazil: "Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don’t forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith’s..."

Brazil (on Fergie): "The man is United through and through - cut him and he bleeds red."

Brazil: "One moment I'm playing football and the next - whack - I wake up in hospital unconscious."
How does he have a job?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll always be sceptical of players from Scotland. Back in the day, Scotland produced world class players and this reflected well on their league. Nowadays Scotland are shite and their league is shite (look at their European record). Oh and look at Conor Goldson - seemingly highly regarded at Rangers, but nowhere near the required level in the Premier league (and I liked Conor Goldson!).

I know it’s the league below, but the fact that Steven Dobbie, at age 35, can score 21 goals in 30 Scottish Championship games tells you all you need to know about the standard of defending in the MLT. A stylish half decent defender like Goldson will probably look like Beckenbauer in comparison.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course they get better. That's why they move on to Bognor, Worthing or Cork City, etc.

:facepalm:

Double :facepalm: right back at yer.

Once upon a time there were footballers going by the names of Dunky, Duffy, Knocky, Marchy, Murray & Stephensy who were all younger and all playing in the Championship or League One.

Strangely enough over time they got better and better until one day they were all grown up and Premier League footballers.

Taking against a 'young' player just because he's not a household PL name, and therefore out of the Albion's league, or plying his trade in a league deemed inferior (as opposed to all the superior leagues around the globe) would be incredibly short sighted if it weren't for the fact it's basically nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here